dialin-server for PC104-Board

Hi,

how do I set up a (analog) dialin-server on a PC104-Board ? The problem is that it has only 2MB memory and a 32MB Flashdisc driven by a 386SX40 processor. The board should act as a router, i.e. it answers an incoming analog call and transfers packets to eth0 (and back). I already tried installing Minix, but didn't manage to get ppp working.

As I'm posting from Germany please excuse my humble english...

Thank You very much for Your solutions

Martin

Reply to
Martin Klar

Hallo Martin,

Martin Klar schrieb:

Why not taking a small linux distribution? 2MB main memory is plenty enough, 32MB Flash is really comfortable :-). Under linux PPP should work without any trouble.

Regards, Kurt

--
PiN - Präsenz im Netz GITmbH
Kurt Harders

Welche Distribution würdest Du denn empfehlen ? Meine Erfahrungen mit Minix/Mulinux waren bisher nicht besonders ermutigend.

Gruß Martin

Reply to
Martin Klar

Alguém poderia traduzir? Eu entendo inglês mas não alemão.

Reply to
Elder Costa

very sorry for the german posting ...

I just asked him, what distribution he would prefer. My experiences with Minix/Mulinux were not too promising. I didn't manage to compile a network-kernel in Minix due to a lack of memory.

Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin Klar

Hallo Martin,

Martin Klar schrieb:

Why not taking a small linux? e.g. linux from scratch or some uclinux. We have a distribution on an embedded 386-system in a 2MB Flash.

Regards, Kurt

--
PiN - Präsenz im Netz GITmbH
Kurt Harders