NXP-- WTF?

That's what I thought too, but have you seen that Digikey have a few thousand TMS470xx in stock ?, spread over 9 part numbers from 80 pins to 144 pins, and with a reasonably flat price curve ( 34% from 1:1000).

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Hello Spehro,

That's just the kind of thing that I don't always understand. It's sometimes like a farmer selling or eating his seed potatoes.

No ARM at all. So far it has been 8051, usually. MSP430 would be nice but TI is currently too skimpy on their peripherals specs for my apps. So it remains mostly analog plus jelly-bean logic.

Agree. Although, according to my sister from Germany, the kids over there keep that cell phone market humming. Text messaging galore and lots of ringtones. If I'd be a kid today I guess I'd be "mega-out".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Intel just sold off it's 'communication controller' line (ARM based) to Marvell, which will no doubt involve more layoffs. I can only hope they keep making the things as I use 50k+ of then a year. I really don't need an extra 'unplanned' design cycle right now ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

In message , dated Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Joerg writes

Yes, but the executives don't see it like that. They see it as the sunflower seeds they saved three years ago and never got round to planting. So if someone will buy them....

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

I can't be bothered to snip the (ir)relevent parts but you get shit points for being part of the problem.

I won't explain why that sort of attitude qualifies you as part of the problem because you are part of the problem.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

You need to update yourself.....

Car boot sale.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Genome" schreef in bericht news:NP0Lg.7232$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...

You don't know shit about me. Today's business ethics made me quit the scene, tired of playing the devil's advocate. But that didn't change the way it works.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Yes, T.I. catered to a small Finnish company called Nokia, and that certainly fueled growth. National was invited to quote for the Nokia GSM ASIC three times, but refused every time (Actually the last time, they did not refuse. Just told Nokia that it would take at least a year before they could even start a project; Needless to say: Nokia went elsewhere National also absolutely refused to lift a finger to win the Ericsson GSM ASIC when Ericsson were evaluating the successor to the Z80 in the late 1990s) National have not had any significant growth in revenue during the last 20 years.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson