need help on a 8051 ip core

Hi there folks i`m currently doing a msc project and trying to implement a 8051 ip core and program it using 'C'. Porblem is i cant find an ip core that will let me use it without having to spend money on it. As i am a student i cant get my hands on that kind of cash. Can anybody help me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, JP

Reply to
jpmcg

Try: and look down the page. Can't see what's the point of an MSc where you use someone else's core, and somneone else's C compiler, or is there some further point to it?

While we are on IP cores, what is the cheapest (in small quantity) FPGA at the moment, including boot EEPROM?

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

The Altera Cyclone, AFAIK. The EP1C3T100C8 is 8.03 GBP and the EPCS1SI8 configuration device is 1.87 GBP. I recently bought five of each from Arrow UK.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Hi there,

If you use VHDL, please check this web site for a few 8051 IP cores:

The following newsgroups are better places for you to post questions regarding VHDL/Verilog IP cores:

- comp.lang.vhdl

- comp.lang.verilog

- comp.arch.fpga

For implementation, the Xilinx FPGA Start kit (US$99.0) is a very good value platform for 8-bit CPU development:

For C-compiler, if your program code is not that big, try the keil evaluation kit. Or you can use SDCC

Hope this helps.

Joe

Reply to
Joe