MCU w/ integrated graphics LCD controller suggestions?

A good point. We have very long product live cycles so component EOL is a big problem. Parts that don't reach a critical mass tend to be dropped. The AT91SAM7S256 comes in a TQFP64 too and has twice the memory.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

The AT91SAM7x series can support a continuous bitstream at

3,84 Mbps * 2 = 7,68 Mbps with a 50 Hz interrrupt rate with a single SSC. You may need a little external H/W to convert the bitstream to a parallel format, if the LCD display cannot handle 1 bit serial transmission.
--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Don't use the SPI, use the SSC.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

The AT32uC3xxx chips were only released a few months ago and production volumes are not here yet (samples are!). The "A" version came in 100+ package, but the "B" version released this summer should be similar to the SAM7S in size.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson