graphics controller chip questions

I'm in the design stages of an embedded system, one function will be to drive a display. I really like the looks of the EPSON S1D13806*, but it does not have the specs I will need.

I need to drive a consumer grade LCD monitor at 1024x768 at 16 or

24bpp. Because any need for analog RGB "VGA" will soon be replaced by digital-only DVI-D, perhaps a better solution would be a chip/chipset designed for DVI only. Is there something out there that can easily interface a 32bit MCU and drive a double buffered DVI display? It would be even better if the chip/chipset had its own framebuffer.

I have seen many products that would work great for LVDS, but my requirements and constraints require that I use DVI.

Other possible resolutions that would be nice in the future from the same or a similar chip/chipset would be 1280x1024 and 1280x720.

Pepper Orlando