LCD USE

Hi! I am trying to use lcd by four datalines only but I failed to display original messages can anybudy tell me about this? or sujjest any links?

Reply to
kushal

Cuff, golf or chain? You need to give much more detail if anyone is to understand the question, let alone answer it. We can't read your mind.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Dickerson

If you've done any work with LCD modules, you'd understand what he wants to know....

Kushal,

I hope you have a datasheet of the LCD or the controller chip used. This should explain in detail how to get the controller in 4-bit mode after a power up. Follow this exactly. Especially the necessary commands and delays between them. Also, note that the 4 bit mode uses D4-7, not D0-3.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Edwin van den Oetelaar

The first command you have to send it is to put it in 4-bit mode.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Strange you should say that. I have used lots of different LCD modules, from bare segments to TFT. I have bit-banged I2C controllers on two I/O ports, SPI controllers on four I/O ports, 4 and 8 bit buses.

[snip]

4-bit in the context could be SPI, bus-parallel or perhaps STN mono at least.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Dickerson

from

Mmm... indeed. Funny enough, I've only worked with character modules and one or two graphicals with SPI interface. When someone mentions LCD and 4 bit interface, I automatically think about the HD44780 compatible modules, since I have used them most in my designs :-)

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang