Graphic LCD controller on ARM9

I'm looking for a graphic LCD controller chip for an Atmel's
AT91RM9200 based board.

I cannot use the Epson's S1D13806 as in Atmel's evaluation board as
this part will be discontinued.

My board is actually a cut-down of the Atmel's evaluation board
(keeping RAM, FLASH, serial, USB, Ethernet and dropping everything
else) running Linux 2.4.19.

I need to drive a 640x480 monochrome LCD display (HITACHI
LMG7550-XUFC), but the system must be capable to drive up to 800x600
color LCDs (to be determined). Of course, I need Linux drivers too.

Any recommendation, suggestion, web pointers?

Re: Graphic LCD controller on ARM9

Are you sure ?
I am still using that graphic controller.

.snip.

What about choice a controller and then develop a new driver ?
Ciao

--Helix

Re: Graphic LCD controller on ARM9

The news comes from my supplier, he accepts new orders until the end
of 2004 for deliveries to March 2005.
He represents the italian branch of a pan-european distributor. I
don't know if the same applies to non-european markets.

I'm new to the Linux world and I fear that writing a driver is not a
beginner's task. Please correct me if this is untrue.

I'm also new to the field of graphic controllers, so I don't know what
manufacturers to search for suitable parts. The only I know are Epson,
Oki, Fujitsu. Any suggestion welcome.

Re: Graphic LCD controller on ARM9

Have you considered the new EPSON chip ?
If you need a driver I can help you developing it.
Feel free to contact me directly.
Ciao

--Helix

Re: Graphic LCD controller on ARM9
What chip do you mean?

Re: Graphic LCD controller on ARM9

Maybe S1D13716 or one of the below
Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q13D51487
Ciao

Re: Graphic LCD controller on ARM9

There is nothing comparable in the list. The 806 has 1,25 MB Embedded
DRAM...

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com

This is what I  heard from my U.S. Friends as well.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com
Re: Graphic LCD controller on ARM9

In general, this is not an easy problem. For applications that use an
ARM core and require high-resolution LCD support, a SoC with suitable
LCD controller inbuilt is generally recommended. I'd suggest the XScale
range... good Linux support, also.

Re: Graphic LCD controller on ARM9
Try using the Sharp LH7A400 with an external Ethernet MAC.  You can get $349
eval board from Logic (http://www.logicpd.com/eps/sharp/LH7A400/default.php )
to get you strarted.  I understand Linux has been/or is being ported to it.
It can 800x600 panel.  Logic has a display kit for this size as well with a
12.1" diagonal.