Atmel FPSLIC users out there?

Hi,

In the past I did some work with the Atmel FPSLIC. Eventually the project was changed and the FPSLIC was dropped.

I have lots of working code still around from that project. It takes advantage of the tight FPGA + MCU symbiosis, so it's difficult to reuse on other platforms.

I wonder if there are any Atmel FPSLIC users out there? I could polish up some of the code and publish it. But then again I'd only want to do it if it is of use to someone.

One of the gems is an emulator for the MSP430 instruction set. It has a very small footprint, and emulates one MSP430 instruction in 6 AVR cycles. A normal (non-FPSLIC) AVR would barely be able to fetch the instruction from memory in that time.

So please let me know if there's any kind of FPSLIC community out there.

Regards, Marc

Reply to
jetmarc

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com schrieb:

possible not so many, but some still - I have the FPSLIC kit, and some FPSLIC silicon and still some plans ;)

besides there does exist a commercial grade AVR IP core.. so it maybe fun to use the FPSLIC project in plain FPGA with AVR as soft IP as well.. the FPSLIC AVR-FPGA interface can easily be implemented in soft AVR core so the MSP430 AVR+FPGa solution may have its second life (with or without FPSLIC)

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Yep. I do most of my work on the FPSLIC.

Right now I'm working on getting Icarus' synthesis to feed my PAR tool for the FPSLIC.

You came to the right place (comp.arch.fpga); I think this would be the best place to post it.

- a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380
Reply to

Does abits do PAR - your website doesn't say.

Cheers,

Rob

Reply to
Robert Spanton