Infineon TwinCAN 82c900 problem

Hi,

I'm doing driver for Infineon TwinCAN 82c900 - controller and I'm having major problems with error handling. The driver works fine when only sending and receiving with out errors. But if error occurs then the problem begans.

I don't want to explain what I have tried since I've tried everything. I'm just asking that if someone has done driver for that chip. What is the correct way to handlee errors? My main concern is to get chip recovery from bus-off - state without needing to reboot the device. I tried to get chip in bus-off - state by connecting CanHI and CanLOW together, but no. I didn't get bus-off error. Instead I got some error saying that too many same bits has been received although the chip went to bus-off - state.

Manual is a not helping too much. My main problem is that error interrut is active although I've tried to acknowledge it. Status register seems to have always bit 0x40 set.

--
Teemu Keskinarkaus @ Plenware Group
http://www.plenware.com/

For the FS-Systeme UNC20 UNCBAS_CAN, that is an ARM7 with TwinCAN SAK90C200, an Linux driver does exist, with available CANopen software layer. Did you had a look at this?

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
+===================================================================
| Heinz-Jürgen Oertel  port GmbH  http://www.port.de
| mailto:oe@port.de
| phone +49 345 77755-0     fax   +49 345 77755-20
| Regensburger Str. 7b,     D-06132 Halle/Saale,  Germany
| CAN Wiki    http://www.CAN-Wiki.info
| Newsletter: http://www.port.de/engl/company/content/abo_form.html+===================================================================
Reply to
H.-J.Oertel

SAK90C200,

I hadn't looked at that before. That's also a different chip so I don't know how much of the stuff is usable with 82c900. Anyway, I got it working ok. It seems to me that I hurried too much with the debugger. When I ran the program without debugger it worked just fine.