SJA1000 Self Test: Acknowledge slot error

Hi, I've built up a board with a sja1000 can driver chip (philips).I connected the controller as shown in Application Node AB 9707, Fig 3, to 82c251.

Also I did make the setup as mentioned there, but there my problems occur: When I try to do a self test (in Pelican self test mode) I get errors if I don't do a single shot on the bus. The error I get, if not making a single shot, is an acknowledge slot error.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

--
Remove the sport from my address to obtain email
Reply to

"Michael Schuster" schrieb

Pardon me, but how many nodes are connected to your network? Are you using two SJA1000? The SJA1000 has a No-ACK-feature i.e. maybe you deactivated it in the other device, so your node does not see an Acknowledge.

Reply to
Anastasios Tsitlakidis

Well my problem was, I started the self test. As far as I can see now, in self test mode the controller gives the bytes to the bus, but doesnot give itself an ack-bit. Therefore if (as in my case) its the only dev on the bus, at least my hardware config didn't give itself a ack. So what I did was a single shot and everything was fine (last night...)

Now everythings is fine. BTW. I can deeply recommend

for getting proper register timing parameters. It's an excellent site!

Michael

--
Remove the sport from my address to obtain email
www.enertex.de - Innovative Systemlösungen der Energie- und Elektrotechnik