Implementing Microblaze in Xilinx Virtex4 (ML401) ?

Good morning

I have a project where I need to embed microcontroller in a Xilin ML401.This project consist a GSM which connect to microcontroller(ATMEGA8535) and the microcontroller is eventuall connected to Xilinx Virtex4 (ML401).It is actually road traffic ligh implementation for Emergency Vehicle Preemption System. My friend told me that I could do this by implementing a Microblaz microprocessor in the FPGA on the ML401 board and then connect the GS modem serial line to the Microblaze instead of through the externa microcontroller board. Then I could port the code from the externa microcontroller to the Microblaze. My problems are :-

1)Where could I get the microblaze free tutorial? Is the tutorial i VHDL?

2)After attaining the microblaze code, how should I use it? For the ML40 , I am using software named Xilinx ISE 8.2i . Should I use this softwar to run the microblaze code? Your aid is really being appreciated. Thank you very much

Reply to
moraali

Eric

I have implemented the MicroBlaze soft processor on a Xilinx ML403 board. You can read more in my blog:

Sven

Reply to
svenand