Identify microprocessor from code.

Hi, I want to identify a microprocessor from the code because I dont have the micro number. This micro uses an EPROM 27C4001.

These are the first part of code staring from line 500h:

01 00 6D F5 52 E5 6D 7D 6D F6 52 D6 09 65 01 00 6D 76 52 E6 09 5E 54 70 01 00 6D F5 0F E5 01 00 6D 76 55 5C 0F D6 54 70 01 00 6D F5 0F E5 01 00 6D 76 0F E6 4B 0C 0F D5 4A 10 17 B5 55 42 17 B6 54 70 17 B6 0F D5 4A F4 17 B5 40 34 01 00 6D F5 0F E5 01 00 6D 76 0F E6 4B 0C 0F D5 4A 02 17 B5 55 1E 0F D6 54 70 17 B6 0F D5 4A 02 17 B5 55 10

The micro has the part number B4F2398 but I can not find it on the web.

I want to decompile the code.

Thank you.

Reply to
PowerOne

are you sue the date you listed is code ? i do not think so, i think storing the code in a eeprom is a bad design if you want identity this microprocessor, maybe you should find some hint from it's pins and the mark on it surface.

Simon

Reply to
mengxipeng

It is a 4meg EPROM , And it is a very common design. I am not sure how you can tell what the CPU is from a hex dump.

Reply to
Neil

You have no way of identifying what is code, and what isn't. Also, do you know if this EPROM was half of a 16-bit wide ROM image - 4Mb is a lot for an 8-bit design)? And does the board use some sort of design protection, eg. scrambling bit lines or decrypting EPROM data using a PAL? Do you have schematics?

Also, some manufacturers supplied custom variations of micros with masked bootstrap roms and even built-in encryption, most of which also had custom part numbers.

For some common micros, an experienced disassembler with enough data can recognise code areas of his/her favourite micro (eg. I could probably do so with Z80 code), but with so little info and (I'm assuming) experience I don't like your chances.

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

Oh one can if one speaks the language. Or has spoken it, that is... I would have known instantly if it had been a 6800 or a 6809 - although I have not spoken much of these languages for well over a decade. So it is not one of these (and not a HC11 either, which is an enhanced

6800). Someone else might know what it is - unless it is some newer core which noone has ever dealt with manually...

Didi