Identify Transistor (?)

I'm trying to identify what looks like a transistor in a TO-92 package, painted silver on the flat side and apparently marked:

0T380 W 2n

This doesn't seem to fit the JEDEC, JIS or Pro-Electron formats; am I out of luck?

--
--------------------

Alan "A.J." Franzman
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

It looks more like the format used for SMT devices actually.

I suspect you'll need to make an informed 'guess' from circuit function what it's likely to be.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 07:46:28 GMT, "Alan 'A.J.' Franzman" put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW,

suggests that it is a Philips part.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Philips parts sometimes have that silver on them but invariably IME have ph too.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Philips OT380 is SOT54 SMD, not TO92 through-hole.

RL

Reply to
legg

OY! SOT-54 IS a through-hole part.

Sorry for the miss-info.

RL

Reply to
legg

Yes, and according to

it's the same as TO-92. Why do we need a new name for it? I'll stick with the old one, thank you very much!

So, what /IS/ a Philips Oscar Tango Three Eight Zero anyway? I just noticed that the board legend for it begins with "D" as in "Diode" - is it perhaps a dual diode?

I find some online suppliers claiming to stock it, but no info.

--
--------------------

Alan "A.J." Franzman
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

I think you're back to the informed guess scenario, if Philips/NXP won't own up to at least a product listing.

It was considered 'standard' enough to process paper for matte-tin pbf-free packages. As you say, brokers seem confident in being able to supply it.

If this is a repair job, why not go through distribution?

Philips made RF strip-line modules at one time, with the OM prefix.

O is a designator generally avoided, to prevent confusion with zero.

RL

Reply to
legg