USB interface to microprocessor?

need to add a USB interface to an existing microprocessor to make it a slave USB device, receiving byte code commands, and sending digitized data arrays.

Is there an off-the-shelf module available for that? e.g. that would convert USB to SPI or bidirectional parallel etc?

Reply to
perfb

Take a look at FTDI:

M. Noone

If...I picked you fine....I'll be sending form the USART which will be converted into USB....but what about the data speed??

Reply to
Jack// ani

You can buy a USB RS232 serial cable for cheap (like $10-$15 US retail)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

see

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
RESO / Claude GUTH

We've had good success with the parallel I/O FTDI FT245BM. They also have serial chips. Here are some DIP modules if you don't want to deal with SMD:

So far I haven't found any USB 2.0 high-speed chips like this so if you need maximum throughput you might have to go a different route.

Andrew

Reply to
andrew queisser

Indeed. Some of their little modules will, as Spehro suggested, convert the USB to serial but they also do a range that provides a set of parallel lines, which may be more useful.

Reply to
Derek Potter

Whatever you set up at the PC end.

Reply to