How many use Google Groups here

I just discovered one more reason not to trust Google blindly. I tried to locate a thread - somewhat older than a year - and Google proudly did not find it at all (it was my thread and I remembered enough keywords). Then I searched the web and found the thread allright archived at several other places, confirming I am not going insane after all.

So I found some sites, this one looked like perhaps usable:

Dimiter

Reply to
Didi

Indeed it does.

d11cef47fde0ea70

Which is a marked regression, in my case, because my groups list is now many screens long.

Reply to
toby

The problem is both 1) the non-bugs - "enhancements" - forced on the entire user base; 2) the bugs that may or may not be fixed (see also: McSoft).

Reply to
toby

And then, having done that, why shouldn't we get pissed off when nothing changes?

Google makes no guarantee to listen to anyone, which is fine, but don't expect people to not complain about regressions. Not complaining would be worse (see also: McSoft).

Reply to
toby

some time.

it one way or the other, yet.

Yep: hit this one all the time.

Don't hold your breath.

Reply to
toby

"Rent"? Your local public library will lend a translation for free.

Reply to
toby

...agreed. The first thing I did was switch to "lightweight" HTML so I could have serif'd Times back.

format)

Yep.

leaves

Except the one labelled "BETA" was very reliable, and they took the label OFF when they rolled out the one with serious bugs. Go figure.

capability:

toby

So, what did you personally say, that Google didn't listen to? Is this tangible or theoretical?

Cheers, Brandon Van Every

Reply to
Brandon J. Van Every