Looking for manual for NLS MS-15 miniscope..or way to unstick the pages of one that got wet.

I picked up a Non-working Non-Linear Systems MS-15 oscilloscope. It came with a manual, but it got wet and the pages are stuck together. It looks like clay coated paper and the text comes off when you try to pry it apart. I'm thinking about getting it wet again to see if that helps. Anybody got any experience with this kind of thing?

If I could find a free download of the pdf manual, that would solve the problem. I found the schematic, just not the whole manual.

Thanks, mike

Reply to
mike

Yep. I gave up. Google for book restoration or book conservation.

Here's a scan for $4.00.

MS-230 manual. Similar to MS-15.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

and the text comes off when you try to pry it apart.

This may not have any overlap with your situation (especially if you don't have access to a space simulator),

but it came to my mind. The concern that the library had was mold.
*-*-*-Central-Library-fire+freeze.drying-process+McDonnell.Douglas+pdf+pdf+pdf+Huntington.Beach+pdf+vacuum.chamber#4
(page 4)

Reply to
JeffM

etting it wet again to see if that helps.

Put it in mineral spirits and let it dry thoroughly. That sometimes works.

Reply to
rrusston

Haven't you EVER looked at one of your own posts?

When posting via Google Groups, using an email address as a username just looks ridiculous. You obviously didn't READ the group for a while BEFORE signing up or you would have noticed that.

Another big clue: DON'T use the *Reply* link that is in plain sight either. Instead, click *More Option* then click **that** Reply link.

Your posts then won't look like a ridiculous mess with the blockquoting turned into dreck and long links won't be turned into garbage.

Reply to
JeffM

"mike"

** Jeff L has supplied a link to a full manual for $4 - so get that.

I bought a NLS MS-15 back in 1979 and still have it in good order.

There are a few "issues" with the things, particularly with the batteries and charging ccts that need attention.

It is easy enough to fit electros in place of the 3 x 2V Gates cells and run it from a 12 VAC external transformer.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison"

** Correction:

It is easy enough to fit electros in place of the 3 x 2V Gates cells and run it from a 9 VAC at 1.5 amp external transformer.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It must be you, probably because you're using Google yourself. Here's what his reply looks like to me:

getting it wet again to see if that helps.

simulator),

mold.http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vqD6Sp6Nk2gJ:spi...http://tinyurl.com/McDonnellDouglasSavesBookshttp://spinergy.southern.edu/asdalhere/images/pdf/v06n1.pdf

Put it in mineral spirits and let it dry thoroughly. That sometimes works.

Reply to
JW

Nope. Read what I wrote.

That's not it. Read what I wrote.

So, you have the evidence right in front of you and you completely missed the point. Congratulations.

Apparently you didn't notice how, in his blockquoting, lines were mashed up against each other.

Now, click the **links** in his post and the links in my post. You don't get the same thing because Google's "improvement" (years ago) broke that.

Since he's apparently never bothered to look at his own posts (a write-only meme), he has never noticed what a steaming pile he's posting.

Reply to
JeffM

getting it wet again to see if that helps.

Format test

Reply to
spamtrap1888

*-*-*-Central-Library-fire+freeze.drying-process+McDonnell.Douglas+pdf+pdf+pdf+Huntington.Beach+pdf+vacuum.chamber#4

Format for a reply using Eudora 8.0.0b1 email/newsgroup reader (Giganews feed).

Works for me...

John :-#)#

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Robertson

Of course it does. You aren't using Google Groups. More importantly, you aren't using Google Groups INCORRECTLY.

The thing about this is the the dude who IS using that Web interface is not verifying that what he has posted doesn't make him look like a write-only fool.

Reply to
JeffM

My, aren't you an anal one - who lit the fuse on your tampon? It still looks fine to me, and certainly better than folks posting with a broken Outhouse Express that can't even quote properly.

Reply to
JW

So, it isn't that you have reading comprehension problems; you're just too stupid to follow simple directions.

Reply to
JeffM

I can send you a complete manual if you want via email if you still need one.

My little scope still works, of course, it needed some attention!

Robert M

Reply to
rmalsbury50