High end development board?

I'm looking for a development board that will do the following:

- ARM 7 or similar performance

- 2Mb of flash

- 1Mb of RAM

- Interfaces for 1708 and 1939

- More than one serial port

- Some digital I/O (preferably also analog)

Does anyone know of something that has this on board? I'm more of a software guy than hardware guy, so I don't know where to look.

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin

^^^^ ^^^^ What are these ???

Reply to
hamilton

Reply to
Kyle

How much I/O are you looking for and how much do you want to spend?

If you need lots of I/O take a look at the MPC5xx family. They have at least 2 CAN ports, 32 ADCs and 50 channels of digital I/O.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sinclair

The problem isn't so much the cost as the fact that I need an off the shelf board like right now.

So the MPU isn't the main concern. The issue is how much of the I/O have they put on the board. J1708 and J1939 and a few serial ports are the most important things though.

To answer a previous post. J1708 is the vehicle bus used in most trucks. J1939 is the CAN bus that is slowly replacing it.

/Martin

Reply to
Martin

Phytec do nice development boards. This page provides lots of useful info:

I don't know of any processors with integrated J1708. When I've used J1708 in the past a PLD has been used to provide this. You may be able to use an RS232 to J1708 interface.

The MPC parts have up to three TouCAN modules. They have a very nice CAN implementation with 16 message buffers per channel.

The reason I was asking how much I/O you needed is that an MPC isn't the best choice if you don't need much I/O.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sinclair

Martin,

Don't pretend to have a lot of knowledge at all about the vehicle bus standards that you're looking at, but afaik, there are quite a few RS232->whatever converters for all protocols in this area.

Is that an option? In other words, a off-the-shelve board level solution w/ sufficient serial ports to interface with both buses, as well as what other devices you had in mind?

Reply to
Chon Tang

Martin,

Try the following:

SDK-LH75401 from Logic. This is a $299 development board for the Sharp LH75401 that meets most of your requirements. The LH75401 is a 70MHz ARM7TDMI based MCU.

Since the LH75401 has a CAN 2.0B interface integrated on-chip, that's covered. The J1708 interface can be created off board with a small amount of external logic. If necessary I can show you how.

There is an in-chip 8 input 10-bit ADC integarated with the LH75401. Analog OUT is handled using a stereo CODEC. Not sure if this will meet your requirements but should be easy to add in your own DAC if necessary.

Read more about this board at:

Click "LH75401" under Card Engines once there.

Hope this helps!

-Z

Reply to
ZO

Yes, this is a workable solution although it would be nice to avoid having to many external units. Specs have allready changed so that we would need 5+ serial ports (if can is onboard, but j1708 uses a serial port).

/Martin

Reply to
Martin

Use a National Semi DS75176 interfaced to a simple UART to get a J1708 interface. You shouldn't have to waste your money on a PLD.

-ZO

Reply to
ZO

Martin,

TERN does have several multi-serial port board-level solutions (x86-based hoewver) that might work for you. I don't want to spam the newsgroup here however, so please do contact me directly via email if you're interested.

Regards.

Reply to
Chon Tang