Good vendor for faceplates

We're looking for a good vendor for small to medium size faceplates. Here's what we need:

  1. Good service on orders of 100-250 units
  2. Do paint/powdercoat finish with emi masking
  3. Do epoxy silkscreen on top of finish
  4. Work from Autocad fab drawing and Illustrator/ .PDF silkscreen art.

Anyone have a shop they love?

jim

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Gary Desrosiers

Front Panel Express may not be exactly what the OP was looking for, given the requirement for painting and silkscreening, but for machined and engraved panels I agree that they are good. I have used them on several projects now and found the results to be first class.

Reply to
Matthew Kendall

--
-- Regards, Albert
AM Research, Inc.    			  The Embedded Systems Experts

We use Chapco, in Danbury(?) CT. They do all that and more, and they have pretty good service even on small orders.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

"Jim Stewart" wrote

Speaking of which, has anyone come across some kind of adhesive-backed plastic (produced by 3M?) that can have legends "printed" on it and then stuck to a front panel? We stumbled across a local shop that would do this quite a number of years ago but the shop went out of business before we tried it and have never been able to find a reference to the process since.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

I've printed a mirror image of the artwork on overhead transparency film, then glued that to a panel using a 3M spray adhesive. I don't think you'd want to do that on a commercial product, but it's OK for internal use (and a lot easier than Letraset!)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
Peter Bennett

No, but there are various thermal transfer methods you could try (thermal transfer T-shirt paper, for instance).

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards