Vendor for prototype quantties of flex

Hi, guys.

Looking for a vendor of prototype quantities of a flex board (just a flat cable, no parts). Probably 1-2 layers, polyimide. Probably 30cm (12") or less. Not tight design rules but it should be reasonable quality.

Just need a handful of units right now.

Thanks for any sugggestions..

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I recently used imall.iteadstudio.com-- $85 for 10 pieces, single layer,

5x5 cm max. That gave me 40 small thin film heaters for $85, which was pretty cheap compared with Omega!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Flex, regardless of complexity or size even, is not cheap.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Flex, regardless of complexity or size even, is not cheap.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I was told it was because they have a custom cutter made for the outline. I suppose a flex circuit that is rectangular with sloppy margins could be separated with a simple cutter.

--

Rick
Reply to

you can get cheap solder paste stencils lasercut in Kapton, I don't see why you couldn't also laser cut small runs of flex

-LAsse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

That's why they use it for cheap rubber dome buttons. Sheesh, AlwaysWrong!

Reply to
krw

Hard tooling is always going to be expensive for setup. Like rigid board with punched holes. My favorite high quality/high tooling cost trade-off is the push-back board- the board is punched out of the panel with hard tooling then shoved back in again so that the edges of the finished PCB are very smooth, yet it can be populated and soldered a panel at a time.

The prototype guys use a laser or a CNC cutter of some kind to make the board outlines. They could even sandwich the board between sacrificial boards and route it and it wouldn't be too insanely expensive.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

? 2016?2?2???? UTC+

8??1:33:19?Spehro Pefhany??? ?

When you move into mass production, do you need plastic injection molding f actory in China? We custom make plastic and rubber parts as per 3D drawings or samples or prototypes. No MOQ required that helps you expand the market ing. We are small but responsible manufacturer. sales01(at)rpimoulding(d0t) com Vicky Respon Plastic Industrial Co., Ltd.

Reply to
China Mould Factory