USB Vendor ID

If I want to devel a USB HID device, I have to buy an USB Vendor ID or there is an alternative?

I've seen that with FTDI chip I don't have to set that ID, as I suppose they use their own Vendor ID.

Reply to
djordj

have a look here

they have an ID licenceing system as well

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

have a look here

Another one:

Paul Burke

Or another

Roman

Roman formulated on sabato :

That's really nice! But... is it legal to re-sell VID/PID ids?

Reply to
djordj

Read more here :

/Race

djordj wrote:

Reply to
RaceMouse

RaceMouse brought next idea :

Thank you, Race.

At this stage, we're not interested in logo licenses, we only need to get a VID for our products: I'm going to ask USB-IF discussion boards about the legality of VID reselling, as I can't find anything on usb.org.

I'll keep you update.

Reply to
djordj