USB vendor and product id pair

Hi,

Why so expensive to get a vendor ID from USB.org?

I get the internet domain name for just about US$10.

I just want to use one PID for our USB product.

Is there another cheaper method to legally get one vendor and product ID pair?

Reply to
eeh

Ask the supplier of your USB chips if they hand out PID's. I know FDTI does. If you use their chips, you can use their VID and you get a block of PID's on request, for free.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Yes - this guy bought an allocation from the USB people and is selling small chunks of PIDs :

Mike Harrison

Also, for products like the FTDI chips, the manufacturers hold their own PID blocks, and will give you individual ID's, or even small blocks, for free, if you can show that there is a 'reasonable' target sale.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Does anyone do this for PCI?

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

chunks of PIDs :

Does anybody purchase PIDs from this web?

Reply to
eeh