Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good and cheap motherboard that support 2.5" HDD, Flash drive for liunx/freebsd system?

Thanks Sam

Reply to
Sam

Not enough information. ARM, x86, PowerPC, MIPS, ... ? How much RAM? What other peripherals do you need (video? network?)

Reply to
larwe

has the ThinClient T, that looks like fun. Tony

Reply to
T Marchini

Then again, this thing doesn't come with memory it seems... so you have to add that into the pricing, I htink. Still looks like fun. Tony

Reply to
T Marchini

Any old 2nd hand PC, say $25 a go. Maybe have to select a bit for the 'good'.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

A Mini-ITX board from VIA

Comes with CPU and in many flavors , just need to add ram

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten

I have looked at this one, it is cheap, but I need the one with at least onboard ethernet ports.

Sam.

Reply to
Sam

That is pretty much what the ThinClient is, except that they put a mezzanine card on which gives you cardslots and a watchdog and a DC/DC converter. Handy starting point , I suppose. NetBSD would fit in there I bet, It is supposed to have support for watchdogs and such. Of course there are a dozen other alternatives. Just a current toy flavor for me. Tony

Reply to
T Marchini

They have like 10..15 different models some even with 2 ethernet ports

The TC Series - can be powered directly from 12v only

The PD has 2 Lan

The popular M series (i have one)

Etc ....

They just released a SP with a new chipset supporting hardware Mpeg2 & Mpeg4 and SATA.

For low power look at the original Eden 500Mhz , i think it was 9 Watt

Try to go to

(select the online shop) just to get a nice presentation.

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten

I still don't find the one I want. I need a mortherboard with at least 3 onboard ethernet ports.

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Check Soekris Engineering:

-Brian

--
Brian Dean
bsd@bsdhome.com

For a PC, I'd take a VIA EPIA board. Have a look at

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar