low cost SBC for building Internet modem/router

Hi,

I am looking for a low cost SBC for building an Internet modem / router with my own customized FreeBSD OS.

The requirement is very simple as: * Intel® Low Voltage Celeron® Low Voltage Celeron® 400MHz * 256MB on board memory * 2 or 3x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet * 1x RS232C * Compact Flash socket on board or DiskOnChip on board.

As I dont' need all other fancy stuff like USB, IDE HDD, Sound, VGA, etc , therfore I think this kind of hardware should be very cheap compare to Ordinary embedded SBC like Soekris and Kontron...

Can anyone please recommend few reliable SBC of this sort to me?

Thanks Sam

Reply to
bsder

Problem being that most of that "fancy stuff" is in the chipset that comes along with the Celeron, so you pay for it whether they fit the connectors or not.

Reply to
larwe

That's fine if they come with it. I just want to know if there is any other hardware that come without those "fancy stuff".

Thanks Sam

Reply to
bsder

Plenty of stuff, including modems and routers, can be found here:

HTH,

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev

Try

- they have low power boards that have the IO you're looking for. You won't get that Pentium M, though, but you really don't need it.

Kelly

Reply to
Kelly Hall