Cheap linux-ITX system?

Hi,

we are interested in developing solutions based on linux operating system and small itx motherboard technologies.

Does anyone have suggestions where to buy cheap itx (under 250$) based system that's supported by linux.

This would be min req:

- itx motherboard

- 500 MHz or more

- 256, pref. more

- 1 GB Flash IDE

- 2 USB

- way to use in car power supply

tnx in advance.

Reply to
__zip__

Mini-Itx systems are x86 based, so they will support linux.

I guess this is DRAM.

CF to IDE adapters are available. ( google knows of lots )

Getting an entire system with power supply and case will not get below $250.

Google has lots of links, the ones I looked at proved that $250 ( total cost) is not realistic.

This is my favorite site for seeing whats out there:

Googleing for model numbers that are available in your country is the next step.

good luck

donald

Reply to
Donald

This may be what you need, and its under $250.

Donald

US$60 for a "Intel BLKD201GLYL Intel Celeron 215 with a 533 MHz system bus 479 SiS 662 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo - Retail"

Add a DDR2 memory module (US$40 for 1GB). Buy a CF card (US$10-20) and a CF-IDE adapter (US$15 from mini-box.com) or use a 1 GB USB thumbstick (US$10). Add a 12V to ATX power supply ($50 from mini-box.com).

Case is unknown cost.

I bought the 1.2GHz Jetway fanless mini-itx motherboard (rated at 6 Watts), 1Gb of RAM, 1Gb thumbstick and a 6-26V (wide input) to ATX power supply adapter for my robot. PCLinux and PuppyLinux boot up very nicely from the thumb drive with a full GUI desktop (KDE or Gnome), probably a lot of other distributions will do so as well.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Bergstrom

Please visit

for all of your embedded boards and see if you find any fit

Thanks Kumar

Reply to
kumar280