ftp addresses

hi; Here is my problem. I had an FTP program on my computer but I lost it due to a computer crash. I then got the same thing now. but due to the crash I lost the FTP addresses I had and now I can't get them back. Can anyone tell me if you know the FTP addresses for Tripod and Earthlink or how I can go about finding them? I tried using the URL preceded by FTP but that didn't work. Can anyone help me?

Thanks if you can. DON

Reply to
Radionutz

Look at /etc/bin/.ftp

JJS

Reply to
John Speth

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:26:15 GMT, "Radionutz" wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Often, but not always, the ftp address corresponding to

is fpt://ftp.somedomain.com.

Worth a try. Otherwise, there's usually a "contact us" link on the web site.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

I Googled 'FTP addresses for Tripod and Earthlink' and got click-able links on the 1st page of hits.

Reply to
LittleAlex

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will give them a try.

Reply to
Radionutz