FTP test

Does this work?

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/R1.JPG

My ISP gave me an ftp site, so I can post images without adware and stuff.

John

"Server not found" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

I just tried it and it didn't work for me...

Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

Doesn't work. Tried it also via my FTP program (sans password) -> Host not found. Sometimes it takes a day or so for these to become active.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Could be the site name hasn't propagated to all the dns thingies. Could you try again later?

John

No dice. Seems to find the server, but does not allow anonymous access.

Best thing you can do is alias the ftp directory into your www directory. Then you can ftp it up and have it visible from the web.

Reply to
Brian

John Larkin hath wroth:

The instructions on the LMI web pile at:

suggest that your URL might be:

It's there and complains that "users anonoymous unknown" which implies that it's not setup correctly.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

Duh. Why don't you use you web server for pictures? Try:

which works just fine. Just make a sub directory called photos (or something) and dump them all in here.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

Looks like you're going to have to wait a while for DNS to propagate.

C:\>nslookup > jjlarkin.lmi.net Server: DD-WRT Address: 192.168.1.1 *** DD-WRT can't find jjlarkin.lmi.net: Non-existent domain [Can't find domain using local server (cruzio.com)]

Default Server: DD-WRT Address: 192.168.1.1 > set type=ANY > lmi.net Non-authoritative answer: lmi.net internet address = 66.117.140.11 lmi.net nameserver = ns2.lmi.net (etc...) [Grab DNS server name for lmi.net]

Trying: that works showing R1.jpg and FetDriver.jpg

When LMI sends out its daily DNS updates, it should start working for the domain name.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

John Larkin a écrit :

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/ displays a page and I can access the pics but the full url you gave gave the 'server not found' error.

Hem, now that I get back to the first url (5 min later) it does work. Go figure.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

That's it, just tried it. My ISPs DNS server does not find it yet, but after setting my starting point to some root DNS server I got there and it worked just fine. It is now 10:46 GMT, Thu Dec 13 2007. Will probably take a day or so until it works universally.

Dimiter

Didi

Firefox can't find the server at jjlarkin.lmi.net

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Works ok on Thursday at 6:40 am CST. How do they taste?

Mike

Reply to
amdx

Yup. I recommend getting rid of that green mutant alien thing before it takes over the place.

Reply to
rebel

The broccoli-calulflower thing is fabulous. Last night I sliced it up into big circular snowflake-looking things and pan-fried them, very hot, in butter+olive oil. Very yummy.

Some people hate broccoli. George Bush the First once said "I am the President of the United States of America, and I will not eat broccoli."

The apples are only fair.

John

I ate it before it could eat me.

John

Dang, doesn't work here and my server is in San Francisco. Ok, not on Otis Street and maybe that's the reason.

When Gray Davis said in an interview that broccoli is his favorite vegetable I began to like it less ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Looks like lmi screwed up the ftp thing. Again.

John

Which provider are you using for the Highlandtechnology site? Can't they do it? I have it all with 1and1.com and they provide site, ftp, email, the works. And it rarely fails.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

message

Same here. Except I use OLM.net

For postings, I just upload them to the site and provide a direct URL to the newsgroups.

I also have an FTP capability... secured by usernames/passwords to allow clients to send/receive large files that can't be E-mailed.

...Jim Thompson