Development in Motorola Processor

Hi All,
My new development is based on Motorola HC08 based processors. I am
moving from Hitachi processors to Motorola. I am facing very
difficulty in understanding development in Motorola when compared to
Hitachi processors. So
1) Is there any white paper or guidelines available for HC08
2) From where I can download the app notes for HC08

Please help me onů Give me a starting pointů
Thanks in advance
Shibu

Re: Development in Motorola Processor
Hi,
Here is the MOTOROLA web site for HC08 family :
http://e-www.motorola.com/ , then "products", then "microcontrollers", then
"8 bits MC68HC08 family".

If you need other informations on this family, contact me, I've used several
different of them.

Yvan

*********************************
            YBDesign
  http://www.ybdesign.fr
*********************************

snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Re: Development in Motorola Processor

http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/taxonomy.jsp?nodeId03%t3ZGpnLn8449
8634.
click any type for application notes and other documents

Motorola recently announced the HCS08. (see "Featured Products" on the
forementioned URI, also
http://www.microcontroller.com/news/motorola_hcs08.asp .)
Currently 2 types available (GB, GT) with 3 more planned for release in 2003
(RC, RD, RE).
The brochure
(http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/taxonomy.jsp?nodeId03%t3ZGpnLn844
98634)
speaks of 37 derivatives, but that's marketing talk; basically it looks like
it's the 5 types I mentioned with different Flash sizes and packages. Not
sure; datasheets for these types are hard to get.

I only wished (and asked them!) they would use a 7x7mm package for the QFP44
(pitch 0.5mm) instead of the 10x10mm (pitch 0.8mm). Now the QFP44 is as big
as the QFP64.
Can't imagine you can't fit a CPU and 60K of Flash in a smaller package if
you use a 0.25u technology.

HTH

--
Steven
(remove pants to reply by e-mail)

Re: Development in Motorola Processor

http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/taxonomy.jsp?nodeId03%M0ym4t3ZGM98
634

Salut Steve*,
the URI may be different, but the page is the one I pointed at. You'll find
the GB and GT types alright, but I see no trace of the RC, RD or RE. Or did
I miss anything?
Thanx for the replay anyway.

Steven

*) Sorry, couldn't resist. I am Steven, that's with an N in the end
goddammit! :-)

Site Timeline