UNKNOWN Processor Version (0) in XMD

Hi All,

I am a Newbie and I am trying to load my C program on an FPGA using through EDK 8.1i without using BSB (since it does not support multiple processors). I am using Xilinx's ML310 development board for the same and. I am using Jtag cable for connection. After downloading my program on the FPGA and launching XMD I am getting the following messages:

Xilinx Microprocessor Debug (XMD) Engine Xilinx EDK 8.1.02 Build EDK_I.20.4 Copyright (c) 1995-2005 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved.

XMD% Loading XMP File.. Processor(s) in System ::

Microblaze(1) : microblaze_0 Address Map for Processor microblaze_0 (0x00000000-0x00001fff) lmb_bram_if_cntlr_1 lmb_v10_0 (0x00000000-0x00001fff) lmb_bram_if_cntlr_0 lmb_v10_1 (0x80000000-0x800000ff) opb_uartlite_0 opb_v20_0 (0x80000100-0x800001ff) opb_mdm_0 opb_v20_0

Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0. LPT base address = 0378h. ECP base address = 0778h. ECP hardware is detected. Cable connection established. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1) in ECP mode. Checking cable driver. Driver xpc4drvr.sys version = 1.0.4.0. LPT base address = 0378h. Cable Type = 1, Revision = 3. Setting cable speed to 5 MHz. Cable connection established.

JTAG chain configuration

-------------------------------------------------- Device ID Code IR Length Part Name 1 0a001093 8 System_ACE 2 0127e093 14 XC2VP30 Assuming, Device No: 2 contains the MicroBlaze system Connected to the JTAG MicroProcessor Debug Module (MDM) No of processors = 1

UNKNOWN Processor Version (0) Verify if FPGA Bitstream was downloaded and DONE pin went High

During download process, LEDs for OPB ERR and PLB ERR becomes Red for a while and then becomes green again. Once the Download process finishes, the INIT LED goes Low and DONE LED goes Green. For Verifying the download, I also tried downloading my program through iMPACT and doing the verification afterwards, but then also I am getting the same message again.

Apart from this, the tutorial also asks for invoking the HyperTerminal before starting the download process, I also did the same using COM1 (after connecting the serial port cable ) with Baud rate of 9600, Data 8 bits, Parity None, Stop 1 and Flow Control None

And it mentions about the print statements getting displayed on the HyperTerminal. But I could not see anything on the HyperTerminal.

I am not in a position to understand why it is happening. So please suggest your expert comments on this problem of mine.

Thanks, Shant Chandrakar

Reply to
Shant

Hi,

It might be that PPC is not coming out of RESET check your reset block.

Most of the time its reset problem.

You can also check if your DCM's are locking correctly and they are correctly configured.

Check this and regenerate bit file and try again. Enjoy..

Ashish

Reply to
Ashish

Hi Ashish,

I am instantiating a MicroBlaze, in that case also do I need to see wether the PPC is coming out of RESET block.

Can you please suggest me the ways to check the locking and configuration of DCM units, because this tool is kind of new to me. In the mean time I will be trying at my end also, but if you can give some directions, it will be of great help to me.

Regards, Shant Chandrakar

Reply to
Shant

Have you connected all OPB_clk and FSL_Clks?

Zara

Reply to
Zara