Best development tool for NXP Cortex

I am approaching to the ARM world and I develop applications for Cortex M3
LPC17xx and in the future also LPC11xx M0 .
I have to develop in C with the libraries support.
I'm evaluating development tools to use and would like some advice from
those already developed in this field, considering that my application would
probably exceed 32K and not want to risk it.
I tried the evaluation version of Keil UVisions 4 where I configured the
CodeSourcery GNU compiler, but I read that debugging is limited to 32K, can
you confirm me this information ?.
I also tried LPCXpresso limited to 128K with the possibility of moving to
256k with low cost, but the libraries seem too basic and not complete for
all peripherals.
What made the libraries better? I saw that most of the examples are for
Keil.

So, I want opinion from those already use these processors, to be used as
development tools at no additional cost and if so, what to buy at low cost.

Thanks

Re: Best development tool for NXP Cortex

Have you tried:

Everything ARM and LPC
http://forum.sparkfun.com/viewforum.php?f11%&sid89%a6ee54394a4562e1e65a854c9d3c64

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Best development tool for NXP Cortex
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.it says...

Rowley CrossWorks for ARM
http://rowley.co.uk /

Consists of a bespoke debugger and GCC compiler, along with
libraries optimized for embedded systems.  Their free trial is
time, not size, limited.  A personal (HOBBY) license is $150.
A commercial (you're selling what you make) license is $1500, and
would be a bargain at twice the price.

--Gene

Re: Best development tool for NXP Cortex

Sorry, no, seems very expensive for a compiler that you can download
free and is labeled as "Not fit for any particular purpose".  Not
everyone is made of money you know!

Re: Best development tool for NXP Cortex
Op Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:13:20 +0200 schreef bigbrownbeastie

A lot of licenses have the "FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE" clause,
including commercial ones.  Do you know any compiler that doesn't have
this clause, that isn't certified?

http://www.opera.com/mail /
Re: Best development tool for NXP Cortex
On 11 Apr, 14:13, bigbrownbeastie

It's a very good package, with excellent support.

Leon

Site Timeline