Asking for a good Solution for the Linux TV Box

Hi,

Currently, I am doing project on the embedded Linux with a PC board with a network boot. And I would be able to do some interaction to a TV Tuner Card thru the PCI bus with some API developed in the embedded Linux.

Later, I would port the solution to a PowerPC board. However, the board have no PCI slot or even the PCI controller. I want to make the porting procedure as simple as possible. Any suggestion?

I dont know the architectures of the TV Tuner Card at all but should there were usually have an I2C bus that can do all control function that can be performed by the PCI Bus? As my PowerPC board would have a I2C interface, Can I just skip the PCI Bus and direct drive the TV Tuner card with the I2C interface??Or some other solution?

Would it be a good approach to write a driver to drive the I2C interface and interact with the embedded Linux that developed before?

Any comments were welcome

Thanks and Regards, Chun

Reply to
Chun