Bridge Rectifier

I`m building a project that uses a small 4 lead bridge rectifier. The only marking on this transistor size device is a single dot. The pcb has a + mark where this component is to go. Would I be right in assuming the lead with the dot(cathode?) must go opposite the + mark. Hope someone can help me!

---------- Sent via SPRACI -

- Parties,Raves,Clubs,Festivals

Reply to
rod

Hi!

Why don't you simply pace off the four diode-paths with your ohmmeter? This shouldn't be too difficult if you look at the schematic of a bridge rectifier.

Or, you could try one mounting position and then apply the supply voltage via a current-limiting resistor. If there is no DC voltage after rectification or the inrush current through the rectifier is too high (short-circuit for half a period), you will have to try annother direction.

BTW, this is a german-speaking Newsgroup.

Regards, Ulrich Lukas

rod wrote:

assuming the lead with the dot(cathode?) must go opposite the + mark. Hope someone can help me!

Reply to
Ulrich Lukas