Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Audio Attenuator
Hi guys, I have an old vintage HP audio osciallator which I want to use for some experimentation to get more practice in electronics. Its output is continually variable between 4 and 20 volts. Problem...
6
6

Word for making a bad connection?
What's the word for connecting something live and causing the connection to make and break several times rapidly, possibly damaging the equipment?
11
11

It May Be Time For A Coure In Basic Electroics
Yup, I have seen them teach things wrong for decades. The students don't grasp the ideas the way they do it. Who agrees ?
1
1

Automated Power Cycle
Hey all, Has anyone used or installed a 120volt power relay that would allow for a 23 hour 59 minute on time and a 1 minute off time that would then repeat the cycle?? The desire would be to have a...
3
3

Help required with 22V10 - Using a pin as Input an Output
I'm having problems with the SDA part of an IIC implementation in a AMD 22V 10C (not from China!). I can Output data, to the SDA output, but I'm not ab le to read the SDA input! My CUPL equations, as...
1
1

PSU for valves
I thought I'd experiment with a few valve circuits (just for fun). So I'll need an H.T. power supply and I'm looking at this: It supplies up to 300V at 60mA. My question is, is 60mA sufficient? --...
12
12

Thermostat
Best to ask here or ? My gas furnace is a Holly. It has an old mercury two wire thermostat. I want to change the thermostat so that I can set the same two temperature ranges, day / night, for every...
6
6

Really Basic Power On Question
This must be a really really common problem and the only reason it is diffi cult to find on youtube is the wrong search terms: If a device has a power on button latch switch and you want it to turn on...
1
1

3 phase AC to DC
I am running 3 phase AC into a set of transformers, Y config, and thence into bridge rectifiers . One leg of the output side of the transformers goes to the diodes. the other leg to the Y connection....
5
5

Use resistor instead of regulator?
If the capacitor is needed there probably are problems. In the spirit of your question that is all I will say.
7
7

Ten 860v Electric Eels Wire Themselves In Series
"For The First Time, Electric Eels Have Been Seen Hunting And Zapping Prey as a Group" Maybe not.
1
1

Full wave rectified source for DC motor
I need a sanity check - I think I understand, but there's doubt. If I rectify AC with a bridge and use the full-wave output to power a DC motor, it's not the same as using "pure" DC. There is an AC...
6
6

Even After Musk Tried To Dump Tesla the Market for EVs Was So Overwhelming It Still Put Muck On Track to Become the World's First Trillionaire
Earlier last year B-H dumped airline stocks because no one was calling up for a loan. Buffet/Munger figgered that if the executives had no faith in the industry . . . Now we found out one of the...

Why So Many Products With Poorly Designed Parts Still Do the Job
At first you wonder how they got the difficult part correct and screwed up the easy part. The parts that fall apart aren't really necessary so you can still use the thing. Often it is better stripped...
2
2

Cheap Chinese rubbish
An LED striplight. After 1 month, BANG! A puff of smoke and a hole blown in the side of it. What I think used to be an inductor has exploded with enough force to rupture the casing. Funny thing is, it...
28
28