How long to charge 9v nimh battery

I have a 9V 180 ma discharged Nimh battery that I am charging at 25ma.

How long will it take to charge?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
AK

-------------

** What you have is a 180 mAh battery: h = hour. You do the math.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Am Sonntag, 19. Dezember 2021, um 05:57:15 Uhr schrieb AK:

Isn't it 180mAh? milliampere hours and not only milliampere?

(180mAh)/(25mA)=7,2h

Reply to
Marco Moock

For nickel based batteries, you normally add 40-50% to compansate for charging efficiency.

--
RoRo
Reply to

Robert Roland wrote: ==============

** The OP posted a question from some test he had to do. So no such correction factor is needed.

For slow charge (8hr) rates - 40% might be OK. But absolutely not for fast charging, or the cells will cook.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison