Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Semiconductor manufacturing locations
Hello, In light of the cargo ship debacle in the Pacific, I am trying to determine which companies still manufacture semiconductors in the US and Europe. I found these: Apparently Analog Devices is...
4
4

anti-music "remote control" (2022 Update)
Residents who are fed up with the noise from China's ubiquitous "dancing grannies" are resorting to a special device that could mess with the speakers that blast out loud music. They use an infrared...
3
3

DC motor supply
I have a 24v DC motor that I'm using with a PWM controller supplied by a 24v SMPS. I want to be able to briefly switch the motor to 48v with a relay. I don't have a 48v supply, but I do have a 24v...
4
4

Confirmation needed
I'm going to make a 12v DC power supply with a linear reg. I will half-wave rectify 12v AC and have a smoothing cap. The load is only 10ma. So: 12v RMS is 17v peak, minus the diode drop of 0.7 is...
5
5

transformer core material
AIUI you use iron cores for low frequency and ferrite for high frequency because ferrite doesn't get magnetized, so why couldn't aluminum do the same?
29
29

Re: What are the standard abbreviations for colors in electronics? IE. R = RED.
I know several. But the OP wasn't asking about color code, he was asking about color abbreviations. R for Red; G for Green etc.
4
4

Solar charger
I have a solar charging I am using with my car battery. The current voltage of the battery is 12.7 volts. And the charger is still charging. Here are some specs for the charger. Rated power output =...
10
10

1.8mm Pitch Connectors
2.54mm connectors are easy to find. Is there anything off the shelf for 1.8mm?
3
3

Audio Attenuator
Hi guys, I have an old vintage HP audio osciallator which I want to use for some experimentation to get more practice in electronics. Its output is continually variable between 4 and 20 volts. Problem...
6
6

Word for making a bad connection?
What's the word for connecting something live and causing the connection to make and break several times rapidly, possibly damaging the equipment?
11
11

It May Be Time For A Coure In Basic Electroics
Yup, I have seen them teach things wrong for decades. The students don't grasp the ideas the way they do it. Who agrees ?
1
1

Automated Power Cycle
Hey all, Has anyone used or installed a 120volt power relay that would allow for a 23 hour 59 minute on time and a 1 minute off time that would then repeat the cycle?? The desire would be to have a...
3
3

Help required with 22V10 - Using a pin as Input an Output
I'm having problems with the SDA part of an IIC implementation in a AMD 22V 10C (not from China!). I can Output data, to the SDA output, but I'm not ab le to read the SDA input! My CUPL equations, as...
1
1

PSU for valves
I thought I'd experiment with a few valve circuits (just for fun). So I'll need an H.T. power supply and I'm looking at this: It supplies up to 300V at 60mA. My question is, is 60mA sufficient?
12
12

Thermostat
Best to ask here or ? My gas furnace is a Holly. It has an old mercury two wire thermostat. I want to change the thermostat so that I can set the same two temperature ranges, day / night, for every...
6
6