How to know when to change battery in multimeter (2023 Update)

On my multimeter, the voltage readings get inaccurate over time due to battery discharge. My meters all use 9 volt batteries.

How can I tell when to change out the batteries?

Thanks.

Reply to
AK

Sounds like time to change the multimeter instead!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(A fan of Tektronix DMM916s from eBay)

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On Fri, 9 Dec 2022 13:30:07 -0800 (PST), AK snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote as underneath :

Have you tried one of the lithium rechageable PP3 / 6F22 , they have inbuilt BMS which switches out the battery for protection when it gets to about 6V. The EBL ones do this. C+

Reply to
Charlie+

I have a couple HP3455A Voltmeters.

Reply to