Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How can I know the maximum magnetic field a device can cope with?
Hi, I would like to know, for some devices that I have (e.g. PDA, calculator, etc.), the maximum magnetic field they can cope with. How can I know it, without testing (obviously), and if no such...
14
14

Pulse transformers
As i understand, transformers are meant to pass A/C currents, and block DC currents. How then is a pulse transformer created that passes digital pulses through.
7
7

current conveyor
I was reading this article and looking at the accompanying diagram The diagram shows a current of iD1 flowing into the X terminal of the upper current conveyor and an equal current iD1 flowing to the...
2
2

Best Light for reading?
When choosing a Flourescent Bulb for a Task Light what is the best for reading.......my choices are 2700 Kelvin, 3000, 3500, or 4100.....
4
4

Voltage controlled oscillator question
Could someone please clarify the following ? Consider a LC-tank and a ring oscillator based voltage controlled oscillator. In a LC-tank, the control voltage influences the oscillation frequency -...
23
23

Robot Motor
I found a great robot motor and now am looking for solenoids and servos. Does anyone have a great source for these? Sanyo 75:1 Micro Geared Motor - Thanks
2
2

magnetics question
A lot of people have built the circuit in this Home Power article. There's also an active discussion forum In my opinion it's an elegant design, very creative, and maybe it could be made even better....
1
1

Thermistor Voltage Supply Question
Hi guys, quick question for the experts. I'm playing with a system of thermistors feeding an RS485 Networked ADC to my computor. My supply is 5V with a 47k resistor as a Voltage divider with the...
4
4

Flickering Light
I have a Luxo asymmetrical task light which takes an 18 watt bulb, which is starting to give me trouble. Most of the time it will just flicker as if it is trying to come on, but sometimes it will...
10
10

60mV to 10V voltage amplifier
Hello group, I wish to construct a circuit to amplify an input voltage of 0 to 60mV dc to output 0 to 10V linearly. I have came out with a simple circuit as below: TL084 0-60mV TL084 input | TL084...
13
13

What's the gain of this op-amp circuit?
Hi, I have been playing with op-amp for the past few weeks and I came across this circuit If I am correct, the gain of op-amp U1:B is 2, as (R1+R18)/R18 = 20/10 = 2. But what's the gain of op-amp U1:A...
7
7

Voltage loss over many circuits
Hi guys: I'm an ME and I'm trying to drive a large number of circuit boards in a confined area. The circuits are all identical and pull about 150 mA at 5V each. The problem is that there are almost...
11
11

World's Largest Wheatstone Bridge
String a wire back and forth across / along a fault line to measure very small displacements in the earth's surface. If the resistance and/or tensile strength needs to be higher than a common single...
47
47

Transient response to ramp input
Okay. I'll start out by saying that this is *not* a homework problem. I'm trying to recreate some work I did many years ago which I subsequently lost the notes and spreadsheet for. My ultimate problem...
7
7

I want to be able to tape on my ntl box and DVD how do I configure this
Hi I've just moved house and want to get my TV video NTL box DVD connected. I had this set up in my old house but now it's turned into a nightmare. I want to be able to tape on my ntl box and DVD how...