2 pin vs 4 pin bulb

What are the advantages of a 4pin vs a 2pin bulb..... the manufacturer of my task light used a 2 pin bulb but the socket is made to accept a 4 pin...... Also..... the socket wire connections are of the type Leviton as seen in this photo.....

I am trying to replace the ballast.... does anyone know how to unhook the wires from this lamp holder?

Reply to
don