TDS410 questions

Once an event is captured (trigger has come and gone), I see a waveform fixed on the display. I presume this is the digitized waveform now in memory.

I want to view forward and backward in the event. How do I do this? It's not clear how to scroll through the waveform.

Must I first save the waveform? This poses a few problems.

When I go to save a waveform, I'm given the choice of saving it to different references (ie, "Ref1", "Ref2"). When I choose a Ref, I get a bell and an error message that says "The selected channel is not on. Only channels or waveforms which are on can be saved." I don't know what this means. How do I save a waveform?

Also, when I try to recall a waveform, I press the Recall Waveform button and I see this message: "Recall a waveform by pressing the MORE button". When I press the MORE button I am taken to the Math menu ("Math Ref." is the sub text printed below the MORE button). I know haven't successfully saved a waveform, but should I be getting this error?

Any suggestions to help me scroll through the captured waveform, and to save a waveform would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Gary Walters

There seems to be no operator's manual for this available on-line (or at Tek.com). The service manual is available but has little about operation.

Help!

Thanks.

Reply to
Gary Walters

I've succeeded in saving a waveform and recalling it.

I see by the graphic above the graticule that the displayed waveform is only a small part of the digitized waveform data that is saved.

I still am experimenting, trying to discover how to scroll the display to other parts of the waveform.

??

Reply to
Gary Walters

OK. Looks like I've got it.

You have to save a waveform and recall it in order to scroll through it. And the H position is the scroll control.

Thanks for listening. ;-)

Reply to
Gary Walters

This manual covers the TDS410A, but may be close enough for what you need.

Reply to
JW

400_Seri

Thanks for your suggestion.

FYI (and for future Googlers), someone uploaded the correct user manual just recently:

It covers the TDS410,420,, and 460. (The "A" series of these scopes are sufficiently different that those manuals aren't helpful.

Reply to
Gary Walters