measuring EMF

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone know of a good performing EMF meter. mainly from 0 to 1Ghz under 200$. The only one I saw was a trifield recorder, that ''they '' use also for ghost hunting. I am not into ghost hunting, but will this measure , My home power outlet EMF, radio wave coming in my house ? because this is what I need it for. thanks

lerameur

Sounds like you'll have better luck chasing ghosts.

Reply to
krw

There are many radio fields coming into your house. What are you going to do once you measure them?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

perform an exorcism ?

Reply to
Jamie

do

Hi Tom,

I am actually beginning to study antennas and there EMF field. I am trying to see if by shaping the antenna, or using different conducting material will increase or decrease the EMF I am producing, and this at different frequencies. SO basically i need a tool that can show me the performance of my antenna.

regards,

lerameur

Hello,

For that you probably want a signal strength meter, see if you can find a copy of the ARRL antenna book in a library, there should be plans for a few signal strength meters in there. (also many antenna plans)

Jasen Betts

Hi Tom,

I am actually beginning to study antennas and there EMF field. I am trying to see if by shaping the antenna, or using different conducting material will increase or decrease the EMF I am producing, and this at different frequencies. SO basically i need a tool that can show me the performance of my antenna.

regards,

You need a field strength meter and some polar plot paper. ( Or computer equivalent)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

.>

Anybody know of a good field strength meter ? model company? I am looking at this one, but it do not look like I can change frequency. Therefore if I am experimenting at 5V & 5Khz and I decide to jump to

6V, I want to know field strength difference at a certain distance. Is this possible with this meter ? K
Reply to
lerameur

lerameur Inscribed thus:

There are plenty of good circuits around, just Google for it, then get one made. The very simplest is just a diode and voltmeter.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

I agree with this. No need to spend a lot of money on this project.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi