Use of Extension Cord

ARGH! You watch adverts? You nee a spam filter on your TV set.

Remove the the then. [Grammatical appallingness may be deliberate, it may not.]

It's the Irish and Italians that are Catholic.

costs less than heating it by 10 degrees.

I don't need to. I know the basics of what they do. Heating the house has to generate that heat. An AC just MOVES the heat. Any electricity used is due to inefficiency (like with a lightbulb).

It's not stupid, it was a hint that Americans are not efficient - look at your gas guzzlers.

How often are they on? You must have an extremely large house, or live on the equator and like the temperature to be zero.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

What does Michael Jackson like about twenty-eight year olds?
The fact that there are twenty of them.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

You remembered this one.

not.]

Er.... you tell me not to insult, then insult me in the same sentence?

I have no religion, yes.

No I don't.

I wrote this part, it needs two >, upgrade your software.

No, but the waste won't be as much as the heat movced, unless it's a really crap AC.

My refridgerator uses f*ck all power.

your gas guzzlers.

They have everything todo with it. Go look up some stats on pollution per head from different countries.

I didn't imply that at all.

I have no idea what diameter cable we have. That's up to the electric board. It's up to them to weigh up the cost of thicker cable versus more heating. Maybe it defrosts the water pipes in winter?

It has everything to do with your power consumption, which is what we are discussing.

I'm not a geek, I can't be bothered.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

                                ..---..___..
                             ,/\', (o\\   "\\_|
                           .:|  `_ `- ,/| /
                          /:.`\\_,\'   _..-\'
                         |:.. `-._.-\'
                         ::..    /
                        ;:..     |
                        |:..   ,/
                        |:.. /\' |
                        /:..|   |
                       |:..;    ;
                      ;:../     :\\
                     /:..;        :\\
                    ;:..  ;  `\\.    :-.
                    |:..  |    `-.     \\,
                    |:..   ;   |  `-.__/\'
                    |:..    `\\.\'     ``
                    ;:..     /
                   /:.      ,\'
                  |;:..     ;
                 /::..  `:\\.|\\
                 |::..     :`.|
                 |::..       \\\'
            __...\\:::..      ;-.
    ..---:::::::..`\\:::..    |_/
   (:::::::::...../\'|::.. `--`-.
    `---""          `\\,____    _)
                           """"
Reply to
Peter Hucker

I can do what the hell I like in MY fusebox (it's none of their business), but I'm not allowed to fiddle with the meter (they really don't like people getting free power) or the 80 amp fuse which is on their side of the meter. If I added loads more circuits, it's no problem, but if I go over 80 amps at any time and blow their fuse, they would charge me to come out and replace it.

Gee, over here the watt-hour meter is connected first, followed by the service disconnect breaker that is used to protect everything downstream, and to provide a easy way to disconnect all power in an emergency. My meter and main service panel are on a pole by my driveway, with underground feeds to three buildings. The garage has it's own 100 amp 240 Volt panel with 12 breaker positions, the tool shed has a 20 amp 240 volt panel with four breaker positions and the main house has a 150 Amp 240 Volt panel with 20 breaker positions. The cottage has two breaker boxes. One for the hot water heater that is in an attached shed and another 60 Amp 240V breaker box with 4 breaker positions for the lights and AC. There are nine breaker boxes all together, and I don't need to list them all. One more will be added when I can finally afford a new generator with an automatic transfer switch.

place? Our companies simply change the rates every so often.

The price is set by the government, and is changed avery couple years. The fuel costs change daily and are averaged out for the month and added on. The other method is to set the rate higher than it should be, and then when the actual costs exceed the limit to raise them a fixed percentage which doesn't reflect the actual costs as well.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I can do what the hell I like in MY fusebox (it's none of their business), but I'm not allowed to fiddle with the meter (they really don't like people getting free power) or the 80 amp fuse which is on their side of the meter. If I added loads more circuits, it's no problem, but if I go over 80 amps at any time and blow their fuse, they would charge me to come out and replace it.

If I needed to disconnect everything, I'd use the main switch on the fusebox. I don't suppose it really matters if the fuse is before ofr after the meter, as if the house overloads the total limit, the fuse will blow and protect the meter either way. The only differences being if the meter shorted out it wouldn't cause a problem, and if they need to change or repair the meter, they can simply pull the fuse.

My old neighbours house was old and had wiring added to it as an afterthought (the house was presumably built before electricity!) The wire came in overhead(!) into the eaves of his roof. Anyway the wire's attachment to the roof came detached, and with the wire swinging in the wind, something came loose inside his roof. In the middle of the night I heard the transformer on the pole over the road sparking like mad. Shortly afterwards there was smoke and the sound of breaking glass, followed quickly by the neighbours running out of the house. Apparently a fire had started in his roof, smashed the glass in the attic window, which woke them. So he called the fire brigade who arrived promptly, and did absolutely nothing. That's right nothing. They didn't have the key to turn off the power on the transformer pole (tsalk about incompetant). They had to wait an hour (!) for the electricity board to come out and disconnect it before they could put the fire out. By which point, needless to say, there was not much left of his house! If that had been my house I would have been up there cutting that stupid wire with a pair of shears, but I think he saw it as a good excuse to claim on the insurance. His house looked a hell of a lot better after he got a big payout! I told him to sue the fire brigade, he told me he didn't care as long as the insurance paid out. They could sue if they liked.

I can't say I'd like just anyone to have the ability to switch off the power to my house.

Your hot water is heated in another building?

Christ almighty. You could power NASA with that lot!

place? Our companies simply change the rates every so often.

That's weird. Why are the government setting anything?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

                           __________
                      _.=\'"----.._   `""--.._
                   _.\'.-\'\\\\      ()   \\``""-.`"-.     __
                _.\'/ \'--\' \'-----[] .-\'.-\' .-\'    `\'-\'` /
      _..--""```    _, _, _, _,     _    LI [__]       \\
    .\'  .-\'\'\'-.    / // // // /    [_]   .-\'\'\'-.   #### \'-.
   /   /   _   \\   \'-, / \'-, /  .----.  /   _   \\          \\
   |  |   (_)   |   /_/   /_/   \'----\'||   (_)   |   ____..\'
   \'--\'\\       / \'===================\'  \\       /\'==\'
        `-...-`                          `-...-\'
Reply to
Peter Hucker

Even though it was muted? Either you have exceptional hearing, or your mute needs repairing.

not.]

You started the insults first, and they were a lot stronger.

I mean I can't be bothered.

More innuendo. Why are most American phrases sexually orientated?

crap AC.

That would involve me not being lazy. But here you go.....

1055 joules = 1 BTU (you're using BRITISH units! Get with the times and go metric ffs) 1 joule = 1 watt second Therefore 3600 joules = 1 watt hour Therefore 3.4 BTU = 1 watt hour

SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio) = BTU/watt hours

A good AC is rated as 18 SEER, which means it moves 18 BTU per watt hour consumed. Or 5.29 watt hours moved for each watt hour consumed. Even older inefficient ACs are 6 SEER, which move 1.76 watt hours for each watt hour consumed.

So I was correct in assuming ACs use less than heaters.

There's a d in fridge.

your gas guzzlers.

head from different countries.

You should try commuting here. Our "government" puts 400% (!) tax on petrol.

CO2 isn't the worst thing out of an exhaust, although newer cars do pollute less. (No I'm not convinced about the greenhouse effect either)

I wasn't saying anything, it was a joke.

I didn't. I said it suggested you could be less efficient. You have the ability to consume vast amounts of electricity in the home, or are at least expecting to do so.

You said our cables were inefficient. And I find it hard to beleive the electricity board hasn't worked this out. How do you think they came up with the voltage for the national grid pylons? It's down to cost of cable thickness, heating losses, height of pylons, etc.

discussing.

I was trying to establish how much power you used to run your AC.

People who look at headers as a matter of course are very very odd.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

The Pope was working on a crossword puzzle.  He thought and thought about one
clue, finally gave up and asked the Cardinal next to him, "What\'s a four letter
word, ending in U - N - T that means \'woman\'?"
The Cardinal was working on his own puzzle and didn\'t even bother to look up.
"\'Aunt,\' your Holiness."
The Pope didn\'t speak for a second.  "Oh."  He paused.  "Do you have an eraser?"
Reply to
Peter Hucker

this house as an example, I've got:

lights.

shower.

boards fuse is also

80 amps. I can do what the hell I like in MY fusebox (it's none of their business), but I'm not allowed to fiddle with the meter (they really don't like people getting free power) or the 80 amp fuse which is on their side of the meter. If I added loads more circuits, it's no problem, but if I go over 80 amps at any time and blow their fuse, they would charge me to come out and replace it.

first, followed by

everything

[...]

panel are on a pole by my

I can't say I'd like just anyone to have the ability to switch off the power to my house.

positions, the tool shed

positions and the main

positions. The

that is in

Your hot water is heated in another building?

and AC. There are nine breaker boxes all

them all. One more will be added

with an automatic transfer

Christ almighty. You could power NASA with that lot!

in the first place? Our companies simply change the rates every so often.

The price is set by the government, and is changed avery couple

fuel costs change daily and are averaged out for the month

other method is to set the rate higher than it should

actual costs exceed the limit to raise them a

reflect the actual costs as well.

That's weird. Why are the government setting anything?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com
http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

          __________
                      _.=\'"----.._   `""--.._

     _.\'.-\'\\\\      ()   \\``""-.`"-.     __
                _.\'/ \'--\' \'-----[]
.-\'.-\' .-\'    `\'-\'` /
      _..--""```    _, _, _, _,     _    LI [__]       \\

  .\'  .-\'\'\'-.    / // // // /    [_]   .-\'\'\'-.   #### \'-.
   /   /   _   \\   \'-,
/ \'-, /  .----.  /   _   \\          \\
   |  |   (_)   |   /_/   /_/   \'----\'||
(_)   |   ____..\'
   \'--\'\\       / \'===================\'  \\       /\'==\'

`-...-`                          `-...-\'
Reply to
Mike Monett

I don't suppose it really matters if the fuse is before ofr after the meter, as if the house overloads the total limit, the fuse will blow and protect the meter either way. The only differences being if the meter shorted out it wouldn't cause a problem, and if they need to change or repair the meter, they can simply pull the fuse.

Well, the main breaker box is in a bedroom. If the house was on fire I'd rather go to the service disconnect in the driveway that into a burning building.

[...]

A lot of homes still use overhead service drops in the U.S., but it is up to the home owner to report any damage so that it can be repaired. Also, the meter readers can report anything that doesn't look right to them. As far as what you described, its not likely to happen here because the primary of the pole pigs are individually fused in most areas so that if the drop shorts the fuse blows. Another advantage to serving only a couple homes per transformer.

to my house.

Its required by local code. Its also against the law to tamper with the service disconnect by anyone other than the home owner, the utility company, or emergency services. If a house is on fire the Propane and electricity are shut down but the first emergency crew to arrive rather than having to wait for the electric company to get there. Once in a while they can't get to the disconnect quickly because someone has padlocked and it takes time to cut the lock or the fire has spread and is blocking access. Mine is 50 feet from the main house, and 20 feet from the metal four car garage building.

No, the heater is in the corner of the one bedroom cottage in the bathroom but the breaker box for it is in an attached potting shed. That heater has a manual switch to provide hot water only when its needed. The three bedroom house has another water heater as well, but it is on a timer and is only on for an hour each day.

There are six buildings on the property, and each has its own breaker box. You haven't seen NASA. They could power a whole town with what they use during a launch at the cape. BTW, I built custom telemetry equipment for NASA when I worked at Microdyne.

To keep them from charging whatever they think they can get away with.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

needs repairing.

--
I _do_ have exceptional hearing, and muting comes _after_ the fact.
If I don\'t don\'t like what I hear, I mute it.  If I do, I don\'t.

So far you\'ve been lucky.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Reply to
John Fields

I don't suppose it really matters if the fuse is before ofr after the meter, as if the house overloads the total limit, the fuse will blow and protect the meter either way. The only differences being if the meter shorted out it wouldn't cause a problem, and if they need to change or repair the meter, they can simply pull the fuse.

Same here - I think the electricity board can disconnect a house on the pole or substation. But it needs the padlock key. Do you ever get kids turning it off for fun?

[...]

Same here. The thing had been hanging loose for some time. I'd pointed it out to him (I used to do his gardening), but he didn't seem too bothered. Oops!

Apparently there is no fuse on that transformer. The electric board said it wuould be an unnecessary expense (rolls eyes).

to my house.

Makes sense. Although I'd be concerned for kids messing around with my power. Or even electocuting themselves?

Oh that explains it. I thought this was your house, shed, and garage.

I can beleive it.

I must be psychic :-)

But they add their own bit? Or is that limited in some way?

Our lot seem to charge whatever they like, but I found a site that automatically works out how much every one of the 50 suppliers would charge, based on your current usage. It's a very odd system, as I can change "provider", but all I'm really doing is changing the meter reader and billing staff. The power comes from the same place.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

The Official MBA Handbook on business cards:  Avoid overly pretentious job
titles such as "Lord of the Realm, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India" or
"Director of Corporate Planning."
Reply to
Peter Hucker

needs repairing.

What, you're about to mute usenet?

I don't even listen to the start of an advert, I press fast forward as soon as the break starts.

I make a passing comment or two, you write pointless f****ng insults like this you f****it.

No I cannot, neither can some makey up being.

In English?

Can't what? It's fallen off the snipper now. If you mean the AC efficiency, it's down there.

It's not a language, it's just warped English.

crap AC.

metric ffs)

consumed.

watt hour consumed.

What I wrote earlier was that an AC would use less power than a heater for a given temperature change of the house. Which was correct, by a factor of up to

5.29.

My point was the English language is wrong. Fridge is short for refridgerator. Adding a d in one and not the other is illogical.

head from different countries.

I see Americans complaining about gas costs all the time.

less. (No I'm not convinced about the greenhouse effect either)

Yip.

ability to consume vast amounts of electricity in the home, or are at least expecting to do so.

If you didn't want to spend loads of money, you wouldn't make the effort to earn it.

electricity board hasn't worked this out. How do you think they came up with the voltage for the national grid pylons? It's down to cost of cable thickness, heating losses, height of pylons, etc.

I did. It was to explain that the electricity board most likely have worked out the economics of the house supply wire thickness, just as they have with the national grid.

It might, it might not. I have never measured it. For all I know there may be a 200 amp wire in there, but they don't allow us to use more than 80 as that's all they have allowed for in the transformers.

Probably not a significant amount.

discussing.

I don't know what your weather is like, how cool you like you house etc.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

   .--------------------.
   |                    |
   |  Good Evening....  |        .--.--.
   |                    |      .; .;|;. ;.
   `-------------.  ,---\'     .;_;\'   `;_;.
                  \\|         ; ;\'       `; ;
                   \\        ;;\'.--.___.--.`;;
                            ;-(  o )=( o  )-;
                           (   `--\' | `--\'   )
                            \\|     . .     |/
              ...........    .   .:::::.   .     .______
             /                .   \'---`   .             \'\\
            .\'                 `.       .\'                \\
            |        ____,.- . | `.....\' |   _______      |
             |    ,-\'          \\        /|\\\'\'       \\.--  |
             |   /            \\.\'\\     /,\'.          \\. - |
             |  /|             `  `\\ /                 \\  |
            |  ,/      _           \'/                  \'\\ |
             ,-\'     ,-.           |o                    \'
            /         \'|           |            | |       \\
           /         ,/|           |o           |  \\       `
          |        .\'  |           |.\'          |. \\        \\
________/       .\'____|________________________||__`.       `__________
        (         \\                        )        /         )
         \'-.       \'-.                    (      .-`       .-`
            \'-.    .-\'--.__.             .-.__.--`-.    .-`
              \'-..\'     \\--\'            : ~`:=,`-   `..-`
                  \\ ..  \\\\              |`-\'|`-,    /
                   \\\\\\\\\\\\\\)             |   |`-\'/.\'/
                    \\)\\)\\\\               `-\' `-\'
                         `
Reply to
Peter Hucker

needs repairing.

--
No, I haven\'t plonked you yet.
Reply to

fusebox. I don't suppose it really matters if the fuse is before ofr after the meter, as if the house overloads the total limit, the fuse will blow and protect the meter either way. The only differences being if the meter shorted out it wouldn't cause a problem, and if they need to change or repair the meter, they can simply pull the fuse.

or substation. But it needs the padlock key. Do you ever get kids turning it off for fun?

That is criminal trespass, and they would go to jail, so no, I haven't heard of it happening.

[...]

would be an unnecessary expense (rolls eyes).

power to my house.

Or even electocuting themselves?

They would need tools to get into the actual wiring. There is a waterproof cover over the breakers than can be padlocked when the power is off to ensure that the electricity stays off during repairs, or after a fire.

One custom built wideband telemetry receiver is aboard the International Space Station. ;-)

All they can add is the fuel charge, and that is audited. Any other charges have to have government approval.

automatically works out how much every one of the 50 suppliers would charge, based on your current usage. It's a very odd system, as I can change "provider", but all I'm really doing is changing the meter reader and billing staff. The power comes from the same place.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

mute needs repairing.

--
Sure... Yours.

Ain\'t me gettin\' beat up...
Reply to
John Fields

fusebox. I don't suppose it really matters if the fuse is before ofr after the meter, as if the house overloads the total limit, the fuse will blow and protect the meter either way. The only differences being if the meter shorted out it wouldn't cause a problem, and if they need to change or repair the meter, they can simply pull the fuse.

or substation. But it needs the padlock key. Do you ever get kids turning it off for fun?

--
they?
Reply to
John Fields

mute needs repairing.

Glutton for punishment?

as the break starts.

I see those on the "100 alltime best ads" shows.

this you f****it.

"Whether I know it or not"??? If I don't know it then I can't be doing it can I?

There is no such thing as a god. What little respect I had for you has now gone.

It wasn't "vague", it was American.

You mean the freedom to get shot?

given temperature change of the house. Which was correct, by a factor of up to

5.29.

But it doesn't work like that. To heat the water, you must put that amount of heat into the water, from the electricity supply. 1 unit of energy from the supply gives the water one unit of heat. To cool the water, you are not having to create any heat, you are only MOVING it. The only power consumed is the power to run the cooling equipment, ending up as extra heat outside the water.

refridgerator. Adding a d in one and not the other is illogical.

LOL, poor overeducated person who should be on quizshows :-P

You have little to complain about.

earn it.

I suppose..... there's no NHS over there. But then you can have medical insurance.

That's what a credit card is for. Oops car is a right off, have to buy another immediately, put it on the card. Gets paid off over the next few months.

out the economics of the house supply wire thickness, just as they have with the national grid.

The government are ARSEholes. (Buttock holes not donkey holes)

I don't remember telling you I think the electricity board are arseholes.

Locked down how?

You mean royalty? They're just figureheads. They eat a bit of tax and I'd love to have them all assassinated, but they aren't in power.

Only two things are certain in life, death and taxes!

The diameter of the cable is not of my concern, and would involve me bothering to go outside and look. We were talking about how much current we need in the house.

I'm not bitching about it - I told you 80 amps is plentiful.

That's the kind of silly stats the treehuggers put out on telly. A million brits are consuming how much altogether? The only true stat is the percentage.

You asked me to work out how much power you use to run your AC. Without knowking how much cooler you like your house than the outside air, how big the house is, and how good your insulation is, I cannot work it out.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Should crematoriums give discounts for burn victims?
Reply to
Peter Hucker

fusebox. I don't suppose it really matters if the fuse is before ofr after the meter, as if the house overloads the total limit, the fuse will blow and protect the meter either way. The only differences being if the meter shorted out it wouldn't cause a problem, and if they need to change or repair the meter, they can simply pull the fuse.

or substation. But it needs the padlock key. Do you ever get kids turning it off for fun?

It may be different over there, but over here they don't stick 6 year old kids in jail. And also 6 year old kids don't know right from wrong.

power to my house.

power. Or even electocuting themselves?

They could still switch it off, unless thatwas padlocked too (which would defeat the purpose of having an easily accessible emergency cutoff).

Oh stop gloating :-P

And I was under the impression your country was more capitalist than ours.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Condoms aren\'t completely safe.  A friend of mine was wearing one and got hit by
a bus.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

Really? I'm not the one calling me a f****ng wanker every 5 minutes.

can I?\\

Why do you have a higher opinion of my subconscious than I do?

Or I know you're talking a load of s**te.

gone.

That's good, cause I doubt you get respect from many people.

You just think it was. It's your favourite word since I've been "vague".

You mean idiots. Even you have to admit that there are lunatics in America. There are lunatics in any country. You can't let any old Tom Dick or Harry own a shotgun.

of heat into the water, from the electricity supply. 1 unit of energy from the supply gives the water one unit of heat. To cool the water, you are not having to create any heat, you are only MOVING it. The only power consumed is the power to run the cooling equipment, ending up as extra heat outside the water.

That is the section where you are wrong. You are not required to create any heat for an AC to work, you just MOVE the heat.

This is the only power consumption here.

Wrong meaning of poor.

Then you're looking up big words on wikipedia to sound good.

What has this to do with the price of gas?

earn it.

insurance.

I don't, I rely on the NHS, it's good enough for me.

My point was what are these emergencies if you have medical insurance?

another immediately, put it on the card. Gets paid off over the next few months.

If you insist. There is nothing else I could have meant so your moan is moot.

Really? How long do you think it takes to pay of £500?

Funny, I have several credit cards, ranging from 2.9% to 6.9% interest.

worked out the economics of the house supply wire thickness, just as they have with the national grid.

Nope. Thatcher dissolved that malarky. Now we have competition. I hate to say it, but she (if you can call that thing a woman) actually did some good.

How the private power company makes their service efficient is none of my business. I just use the cheapest one.

love to have them all assassinated, but they aren't in power.

What use do they serve? Well maybe bringing in American tourists.

Me, not challenge authority? That's exactly the opposite of what I'm like.

I know, they can be fiddled.

bothering to go outside and look. We were talking about how much current we need in the house.

But how much more? Considering the transformer is visible from my lounge window.

Nope, I'll measure it. Remind me next time you post, it's midnight here and I'll wake the neighbours.

brits are consuming how much altogether? The only true stat is the percentage.

How much power are you using at this precise moment? A hell of a lot more than a watt. So what's the point in saving a watt? Why not try saving something more? Change a lightbulb to an energy efficient one, turn the heating down a notch, etc. Turning off an LED on a TV set ain't gonna save the world from this so called impending doom.

When the resources runn low, they will get more expensive, THEN we'll conserve them. Resources won't vanish overnight.

knowking how much cooler you like your house than the outside air, how big the house is, and how good your insulation is, I cannot work it out.

Whatdata have you already supplied then? I don't know how big your AC is, I have no idea how much power it uses, or indeed what SEER rating it is.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer, "with your hand on my steak?"
"What" answers the waiter, "You want it to fall on the floor again?"
Reply to
Peter Hucker

in jail. And also 6 year old kids don't know right from wrong.

Here, either, but then a six year old would have trouble opening the box in the first place. The covers have a spring loaded catch that takes some strength to open, and they are mounterd right under the meters which are at eye level, so a six year old would have trouble reaching the latch.

defeat the purpose of having an easily accessible emergency cutoff).

They find other ways to get into trouble, and in my case i can see the box from where I'm sitting so it would be rather foolish to even try.

Like the line in an old western, "No brag, just facts, mame." ;-)

That's why they have to have government controls! ;-)

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

fusebox. I don't suppose it really matters if the fuse is before ofr after the meter, as if the house overloads the total limit, the fuse will blow and protect the meter either way. The only differences being if the meter shorted out it wouldn't cause a problem, and if they need to change or repair the meter, they can simply pull the fuse.

pole or substation. But it needs the padlock key. Do you ever get kids turning it off for fun?

That bunch of loonies in power.

6 was a madeup number. Maybe they're 9.

power to my house.

power. Or even electocuting themselves?

defeat the purpose of having an easily accessible emergency cutoff).

I read that perfectly well. Elsewhere you said some people had padlocked the box shut.

Like a vandal. Mind you you could always shoot them with a 12-guage and probably get away with it.

Weird Sheilas.

I just did.

That makes me a little better than weather forecasters then.

I didn't say I had, [insert random insult]

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Never raise your hands to your kids.
It leaves your groin unprotected.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

kids in jail. And also 6 year old kids don't know right from wrong.

I see.

defeat the purpose of having an easily accessible emergency cutoff).

Got your uzi ready?

Tell them to take control of Micro$oft!

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com