battery charger says "never use with an extension cord"

I bought a GP brand AA NiMH battery charger and it say "never use with an extension cord". Why? Is it planning to use a million volts or something?

Reply to
Dan Jacobson

Under certain fault conditions the batteries can get really hot during charging, and if it's on an extension cord they might be touching some flammable carpet etc.

Of course if it's plugged into a wall socket it might be covered by curtains too...

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

I believe the acronym involved is "CYA" - As in "Cover Your Ass".

Every warning label in existence represents a lawsuit filed and won by some moron (or his/her heirs) who did whatever the label warns against, got him/herself hurt and/or killed in the process, regardless of how stupid their action was.

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn\'t on my whitelist,
or the subject of the message doesn\'t contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow"