Terminal Barrier Strip without the Barrier

I'm looking for a part exactly like a terminal barrier strip except one that has no barriers. Basically, I want to distribute power to multiple devices (in this case 7 5mW laser pointers) and thought a strip where I could just connect the wires would work well. I've tried searching some of the electronic sites (digikey, jameco, etc) and Google but can't find what i'm looking for. Any thoughts or suggestions for a different way to hook them all up?

Would it be typical to simply use a small pc board and solder up rows of pins and then place 2pin connectors on the ends of the laser wires? Power and ground would connect to the board and I would just chain the connections down each row of the board?

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You can use a barrier strip if you have it, there are 'bridges' made to join adjacent positions electrically. Though I can't find them...

Lord Garth

Believe it or not, radio shack sells an 8 position barrier strip jumper. I have used it in combination with their barrier strips to create a supply bus for powering a bunch of scanners and receivers.

Anthony Fremont

This might be the jumper for a barrier strip...the price is right at .19 each.

or maybe this:

or

Here is the whole page:

It should be a metal arch.