Re: Metal strip bus?

My project requires hooking up a lot of 120 V wiring

>(hot and neutral) so I figure to use this stuff on wood, >
>I'm sure most guys know about the stuff, >(Of course I'll use the uninsulated stuff ;-), >with woodscrews and washers through the holes to >secure the wiring.

This is a _really_ hazardous way to build an AC distribution bus - I wouldn't even recommend it for low voltage DC use. However, if you absolutely must do it, use the copper version of that strip, not the galvanized steel.

I would much prefer to use copper or brass bar drilled and tapped to accept machine screws - then use crimp lugs under the screws - don't just wrap bared wire around them.

For 120VAC, a barrier terminal strip would be better, as it offers some protection against accidental contact (by you, your tools, or stray wires) with the 120 V. Even better would be groups of the "European style" terminal blocks.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca