No cold water in my HOTPOINT washing machine !!!

Hi all,

My washing machine spins and all that but the water suddenly stop entering.

How to find out whether the Solenoid Switch is kaput or it is not getting current from the programmer or some thing else.

Reply to
bigdaddy

Shunt power to the solenoid (or bypass its switch) and see if you can operate it manually.

Don Kansas City

Reply to
Don A. Gilmore

3.75K. I do not know how much they should read.
Reply to
bigdaddy

Your Hot/Cold water lines are operating properly, right? (make sure the hand-valves are open all the way)

Reply to
mrdarrett

feed electricty to the solenoid, ands/or measure the voltage it's getting when it's supposed to be operating. measur it's resistance and compare that wit what it's supposed to be.

Washing machine solenoids have a hard life and fail quite often.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Often there is a small combination washer and screen filter where the water hose connects to the inlet to the washing machine. It can get plugged with debris over time, and cause the problem you describe.

Turn off the water and disconnect the hose to inspect the screen. The best way to do this is really to have a couple of new filters on hand and some teflon plumbing tape. Take both hoses off, taking care that you know which is hot & which is cold so you can put them back in the right places. Replace the filters - they go in the end of the hose - wrap some teflon tape on the threads of the inlet, and put it back together.

Assuming that the filters are not the problem, troubleshooting the solenoid is easy. Simply connect the wires that went to the hot solenoid to the cold water solenoid instead, and vice versa. If the hot water still works and the cold water still does not, the solenoid is defective. If the trouble moves so that the cold water now works and the hot water doesn't, the circuit that connects power to the cold water solenoid is bad somehwere.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr