NAND Gates Rule!

Facts from basic electronics : boolean logic: With a million NAND gates I can make a computer. With a million XOR exclusive OR gates, nobody can build one NAND gate.

Reply to
Globemaker

NOR?

Reply to
George Herold

Neither AND NOR OR equals the full power of the NAND.

Time is money. Knowledge is power. Energy is power multiplied by time. Time is as imaginary as the square root of minus one. Money is the energy of imagination divided among the knowledgeable.

Stated mathematically, this becomes:

t =3D $ k =3D P E =3D Pt t =3D t(i) E(i) =3D P$ E(i) =3D $k $ =3D E(i)/k

Reply to
Globemaker

| Neither AND NOR OR equals the full power of the NAND. | | Time is money. | Knowledge is power. | Energy is power multiplied by time. | Time is as imaginary as the square root of minus one. | Money is the energy of imagination divided among the knowledgeable. | | Stated mathematically, this becomes: | | t = $ | k = P | E = Pt | t = t(i) | E(i) = P$ | E(i) = $k | $ = E(i)/k

If you really understood the mathematics of Boolean you'd know NAND and NOR to have the same power.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

snipped-for-privacy@hd10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

OR

NAND FLASH HEADLINE :

$7,000,000,000 NAND USB FLASH MEMORY DRIVE SALES IN 2010 !!!! $0 nor flash usb memory sales , ha ha ha ...

NOR was was loser logic in 2010, because of power dissipation choices by design engineers. Why waste electricity with NOR? Do you want to burn 10,000,000 tons of oil powering NOR just for affirmative action in logic? DEMORGANIZE TODAY!

Reply to
Globemaker

power, Power? POWER!!!?

No, my friend, power is VI. Logic is not Energy/time. NOR USB Flash drives would have used more power wastefully because hole mobility is less than electron mobility.

The CMOS circuits use NMOS NAND structures because electron mobility in silicon is 1200 cm^2 per (volt*second). Hole mobility is 3 times lower! If NOR memory arrays had been used for USB Flash drives, the PMOS stack in the NOR array would be 3 times as large, with 3 times the capacitance. Power of capacitive loads is 1/2fCV^2 where f is the frequency of switching on and off a memory cell. C is the capacitance of the PMOS drain/source capacitance plus parasitics. V is about 1.2 volts for modern silicon chips.

The power of NOR is not the same as the power of NAND. But the logic has the same capabilities. With one million NOR gates , I could build a computer.

Reply to
Globemaker

"Globemaker" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@r6g2000vbz.googlegroups.com...

You seem to understand... almost. I did not mean electrical power a meant logic power. You're speaking of NAND because off the logic "true" used to be connected to a high signal value. That's named positive logic. From the mathematical side there's no reason to do so. Negative logic is as valid as positive logic. Consider the "active low" I/Os or even better, consider the Morgans theorem.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

bitbyter

almost, Almost? ALMOST!!!?

Reply to
Globemaker

bitbyter

almost, Almost? ALMOST!!!?

Reply to
Globemaker

"Globemaker" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@s14g2000vbi.googlegroups.com...

Er, well that was my first impression. Seeing you named my "logic power" "logic capabilities" I guess we agree about that.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Geeze! This is BASICS!. Can we quit ragging on the newbies and actually _encourage_ their questions?

We were all newbies once, you know.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, now, you're just trolling.

Reply to
Rich Grise

I am sorry. I pushed the wrong button on my keyboard and that got posted twice before the paragraph was done. I apologize. My mistake. NOR is good, too.

Reply to
Globemaker

bitbyter

Go troll somewhere else, loser.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

OK, apology accepted. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

bitbyter

Right, but he's giving you *way* too much benefit of doubt.

Reply to
krw

etrus bitbyter

CHECK IT OUT YOU ARE LIKE A COP CALLING ANOTHER FLATFOOT. THE ONLY GATE YOU WILL BE CROSSING IS THE GATES OF HELL.

TGITM

Reply to
Michael A.Terrell

trus bitbyter

WHAT'S UP TROLL, HAVEN'T GOT OVER YOUR LOVERBOY YET? THE ONLY GATE YOU'LL BE CROSSING IS THE GATE OF HELL. YOU FILTHY LOWLIFE HACK!

TGITM

Reply to
Michael A.Terrell

It is becoz NAND gates are termed as universal gates,but can i get the answer Why NAND gates can't be produced with XOR?

Reply to
BBC

snipped-for-privacy@hd10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

NOR

Can u plz tel me Why the NOR gates consumes more power than the NAND gates,even though both are UNIVERSAL GATES?

Reply to
BBC