Best package(s) for basic logic

Hi all,

So my audio gate circuit with has advanced, and now has both voltage-driven and current-driven zero-cross detection elements. To bring them all together, I need to use some good old boolean logic which I have never actually done in hardware. In boolean notation, I need ((A and B) OR (not A and B)), plus one D-type flip flop.

I am loathe to take up space on my PCB with quad-gate chips when I only need one each of 2-gate AND, 2-gate AND with one inverter and one OR.

I have seen multifunction chips like these :

Money is not the issue; it's space and a certain sense of economy.

What do you all recommend?

Thanks,

doug

--
Douglas Beeson
Reply to

Isn't that just B ?

Precision electronic instrumentation

...Jim Thompson

ven and current-driven zero-cross detection elements. To bring them all tog ether, I need to use some good old boolean logic which I have never actuall y done in hardware. In boolean notation, I need ((A and B) OR (not A and B) ), plus one D-type flip flop.

Yeah, definitely "duh" on my part. I meant:

AB + /AC

need one each of 2-gate AND, 2-gate AND with one inverter and one OR.

mlink/sn74lvc1g97.pdf

--
Douglas Beeson
Reply to

Just off the top of my head, couldn't you implement that with a single Quad NAND?

One gate (inputs connected) inverts A, two gates act as AND gates, the inverters on the outputs convert the 4th gate to an OR.

Or is my boolean logic rusty? Damn I wish I had Andy's ASCII Art on this 'puter.

Reply to
Randy Day

That's a mux: FSA3157. Costs us 9 cents.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Yup, looks exactly like what I need. Thanks, John!

--
Douglas Beeson
Reply to

Put B and C into the inputs of a 2->1 mux, and use A to run the switch.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thank you, Phil. John Larkin suggested the FSA3157 and it looks like just the trick.

doug

--
Douglas Beeson
Reply to

I saw that after I posted. I often take John's advice as well.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The FSA is actually an analog multiplexer. The "bus switch" type mux's are cheap and fast compared to things sold as official analog multiplexers.

Precision electronic instrumentation

I ran across something today at work that is a zero cross detector using a 74xxxx14 hex inverter and a 74xxxx74 D flop. jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.