EL8333A Crypto processor

TDES 3DES 192bit crypto accelerator, coprocessor for general purpose
embedded microprocessors and microcontrollers.

www.elkom.com.tw

7400 NAND Gate

SN7400 series quad two input nand gate for multipurpose construction of
positively any logic function you care to imagine.

www.focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn7400.pdf

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:47:49 +0100, "Nand Gate Luver"

---
SN7402 quad two input nor gate for multipurpose construction of
positively any logic function you care to imagine.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

True, but nand based logic RULEZ OK!

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

How about nut-case logic?  You seem to be the perfect candidate ;-)

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
|  James E.Thompson, P.E.                           |    mens     |
|  Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

Oh,  Jim, must you be so ham-fisted in this game? You preempted me
asking, "But have you ever traded deMorgan sets with John?"

Cheers!
Rich

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

snipped-for-privacy@slop.slap says...
My guess is that you've never designed with ECL.

--
  Keith

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

And my guess is that you never learned that positive logic NOR is
negative logic NAND...

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

Off your meds again Bloggsie?  You're certainly off your rocker.

--
  Keith

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

Excusez moi??? Your underlying assumption is that the physically higher
voltage is logic '1' and '0' on the physically lower. Do you lack the
brain power to ask yourself why this should be so, because there is
absolutely no reason for it whatsoever. Apparently Motorola did not
agree with you because their ECL databooks were full of those negative
logic tic things only they used. Any physically high input to a NOR
drives the output to physically low, but when you take physically high
as '0' and physically low as '1', that results translates into any
binary '0' input to the ECL NOR takes the output to a binary '1'. Looks
like a NAND to me!

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

No excuses Bloggsie.

Get a grip Bloggsie.  Maybe you should take a chill-pill and reread
the thread.  What a maroon!

--
  Keith

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

Apparently you have taken one too many chill-pills. Time to dry out and
salvage what little is left of you...and the initial value was not all
marvelous to begin with.

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

Ah, how cute.  Now put away your toys and take your nappie.

--
  Keith

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

Circa 1967, maybe.

After all, back then there was a limited selection of logic ICs.  If
you needed something better, you often had to construct it from
the few common gate types.  Indeed, in the days of RTL there was more
than one article about making your own simple RTL gates, so you'd
start with discrete components and build up from there.

By the time Don Lancaster wrote his "TTL Cookbook", circa 1974, those
equivalents were more about describing how the exotic gates like exclusive-or,
worked, rather than because anybody needed to build one up from a 7400.

  Michael

Re: 7400 NAND Gate

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:47:49 +0100, in sci.electronics.design "Nand

(n)and the question was?

martin

Site Timeline