Humidifier !

There are many china brand of humidifier found in the market. The purpose of the humidifier is to add water to the air in the room. But such kind of product will not found in well know electrical product maker like Tefal, Phillps, GE, Thomson, Sanyo, National , etc..I am curious to know, was this due to safety and health reason ? or may be it is not practical and effective ? Dear members do you have any advice ? Thank You.

Regards

Reply to
mowhoong

I bought a Honeywell humidifier, pretty obviously a rebrand. I left it running for a couple of hours in a room with an Extech humidity meter. Nothing happened.

Now I boil a pot of water on the stove, which works great.

John

Get a swamp cooler, they humidify great.

--

        Van Chocstraw
Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Because ultrasound-base humidifiers not only add water to the air, but also all the minerals contained in the water, some sources suspect them of being a health risk. Tiny crystal deposits in the lungs is never a good thing. This might corroborate your hypothesis. Evaporation based humidifiers do not suffer from this problem, though.

vv.

Reply to
vic