HEY MALISSA

My neighbor just bought a Protron 37 inch TV with the Spectroniq DVD player with HDMI conversion. So his girlfriend comes home with some rented DVDs. They put in a rented DVD into the DVD player and the Spectroniq splash screen comes up but the screen goes blank when the DVD starts playing. So they call me to troubleshoot and told me what happened. I brought over my Sony Wega LCD TV and hooked the HDMI cable retailing for $100.00 to my Sony. Not only do I see "Spectroniq" on my sony but I can watch the movie, too.

I hook the DVD player up through component video input to the Protron TV and everything works fine until I unhook my Sony from the HDMI input. My neighbor wanted to watch another DVD to see if that would show on his Protron but the DVD player has the standby light on but I push the power button the the remote and on the front display but I can't seem to get the DVD player to come on.

Anyway, my neighbor is rather pissed off at his new television now. He was expecting to impress his woman with his recent purchase.

Thanks for reading Malissa, now can you please give me advice to give to my neighbor.

Reply to
sonyfan

Did you look at the back of the Protron to see where it was made and get the FCC ID or a UL file number?

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Go ahead, keep supporting the damn communists:

Prosonic International was founded in Shenzhen, China in 1987 to establish the manufacturing of quality speaker systems for home entertainment. This company features the Protron brand of products

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Seems the Protron name is no more:

High-performance television manufacture Proton, which made its reintroduction at International CES with a new high-end flat-panel TV line, issued a statement at the show saying it had filed a complaint alleging "willful trademark infringement" against the Prosonic Group Corp. for use of the confusingly similar name "Protron."

Protron Digital Corporation is pleased to announce the debut of our new brand change of consumer electronic products to SpectronIQ, effective immediately.

SpectronIQ products will be crafted to the same superior specifications and quality standards as Protron products. Our new corporate website with up to date product information and a great new look will be re-launched shortly. We thank for your patience during this transition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- China keeps ignoring our import and safety laws:

The U.S. Customs Service recently seized almost 2 million products, many from the People's Republic of China, bearing counterfeit UL seals of approval.

So sure, keep buying Protron and other crap from China. Just like the Clinton administration who started the big sell out to China, it keeps going and going, once the flood gates were opened, try stopping them.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Buying shit from Sony is a damn sure way to support communism.

Standard Oil of New York

Nope, the Protron name is alive and well.

See they say that they build their products to quality standards. Sony did away with their "It's A Sony" bullshit long ago.

Sure, whatever penis-dancer. Just google "Sony Recalls" and come back

No, it's Sony that makes all their crap in China.

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin