Help me locate an LED please

I am in need of some LEDs (about 100-200 of them). Here are the specs:

LED: surface mount or side-looking

880 nm IR about 10 mW/Sr output power 30 degree beamwidth

Can someone point me to a ready source of such a beast? I have a number of one such LED (Osram SFH4289-Z) but no one has it in stock. :(

Regards, Richard

Reply to
rdecosta

Hi, Richard. Sorry for your troubles.

If you get stuck like this, the first thing to do is to call the manufacturer sales rep. Almost all of the ones who are in this century have access to a distributor stock database, which will tell them not only which distributors worldwide have your part in stock, but also what's going on at the factory. They can also give you a heads-up about any distribution problems, or if the part is being obsoleted or phased out. Also, they may be able to suggest a cross (if you can accept a slightly different wavelength, or non-ROHS-compliant part, you may have other options). The problem is you may sometimes have to wait a bit for a response.

The Osram website is somewhat opaque ;-) about this, but their US sales office can be reached at

+1 888 446-7726

You might also want to try calling someone at DigiKey and ask when or if they expect delivery on these parts.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris